Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect transfer of money into my account

Options
  • 27-03-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Dear BOI,

My parents shut down their English BOI account last month. 

They supplied the details of their Irish non-BOI current a/c to which the funds should be transferred into. They do not have an Irish BOI a/c. 

When I check my BOI a/c I saw an unusual amount credited to me. When I investigated with BOI we discovered that this money was actually my parents money and was transferred into the incorrect account. They were getting very worried as the money was no where to be seen. 

What do you recommend now doing? BOI has transferred my parents money into an account that was never given to them and was never authorised. 

Regards, W. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Dear BOI,

They supplied the details of their Irish non-BOI current a/c to which the funds should be transferred into. They do not have an Irish BOI a/c. 

When I check my BOI a/c I saw an unusual amount credited to me. When I investigated with BOI we discovered that this money was actually my parents money and was transferred into the incorrect account. They were getting very worried as the money was no where to be seen. 

What do you recommend now doing? BOI has transferred my parents money into an account that was never given to them and was never authorised. 

Regards, W. 

Hi there,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask was your parents account opened in a UK post office or if was opened in a NI branch of Bank of Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

Dear BOI,

Regards, W. 

Hi there,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask was your parents account opened in a UK post office or if was opened in a NI branch of Bank of Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

It was opened in the U.K in an actual U.K BOI branch.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi will.in.cork,

In this instance we'd advise that your parents contact the UK Customer Service Team on 0044 (0)3457 365 555 and an adviser will investigate this further.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement