Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a bike suggestion

Options
  • 27-03-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for bike suggestions for a commute into town (Dublin).
    I have an old pan, that's too big and it's a hot bike so it's not suitable.

I looked at a scooter yesterday and it was really good, but I just don't think I can go back to riding a scooter.

I'm looking for something:
    that will take off from the lights reasonably quickly
    that gives good mpg
    that is light (manoeuvrable)
    that can get in and out of traffic reasonably easily
    that is a bit of fun/quirky (not a Deauville)

I do like the DT 125 but the seating position isn't my fave.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

A 400/500cc Scooter won't be long changing your mind: try one.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

bertaluchi wrote: »
    From where, approximately?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Something like an MT07 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bertaluchi

Lumen wrote: »
    From where, approximately?
    From the Bray area, thanks Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

What is your budget?

Do you require topbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I do the M11/N11 daily on a naked 700. Wouldn't want anything much slower.

Without knowing your budget and bike type preferences it's difficult for people to make specific suggestions. There's loads of choice so work out what stirs your soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

I know you said no scooters, but Gilera GP 800 or Yamaha T-Max 500 might fit the bill. Not scooters in the traditional sense, and they are actually fun! Food for thought.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Without knowing your budget and bike type preferences it's difficult for people to make specific suggestions. There's loads of choice so work out what stirs your soul.
    What Lumen said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

bertaluchi wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an old pan, that's too big and it's a hot bike so it's not suitable.

I looked at a scooter yesterday and it was really good, but I just don't think I can go back to riding a scooter.

I'm looking for something:
    that will take off from the lights reasonably quickly
    that gives good mpg
    that is light (manoeuvrable)
    that can get in and out of traffic reasonably easily
    that is a bit of fun/quirky (not a Deauville)

I do like the DT 125 but the seating position isn't my fave.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

Thanks

Suzuki Bergman

What's wrong with the bike you have? More comfortable than alot of bikes people commute on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Depends on the commute. If its strictly city and no motorway I'd say a GN125. Not a quick bike but it'll go forever on the fumes of petrol. I miss my little donkey bike.

Advertisement