Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBT patterns

Options
  • 27-03-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

does anyone else here chart their temperatures to pinpoint ovulation day? I started doing it this cycle, using a digital thermometer I picked up in Boots, but my temperatures seem to be quite erratic, ranging from 96-97.8 when taken first thing in the morning.
    I was expecting a spike last week on day 14 as I had EWCM but there was only a small increase, followed by drop in temp on subsequent days. Could this be indicative of a hormonal issue?
    I had Day 1 bloods taken which came back normal and I am due to go for Day 21 next week. The doctor thinks all looks ok. I have had a regular 28 day cycle excluding the last one which was a 21 day cycle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Just to follow up in case any other ladies are starting this journey and trying to make sense of it all.
    I had been using the app Ovia to track my temp., etc.
    I decided to download Fertility Friend last week to compare and when I entered my data, it detected a shift in temperatures that was not obvious in the Ovia app. It turns out I ovulated on Day 18, not 14.
    I would definitely recommend FF as a fertility tracking app over Ovia if temping or tracking other signs. It seems to be much clearer.
    Day 21 bloods also confirmed ovulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

I’m not sure if anyone is reading this but just wanted to check back in for anyone still trying and give my experience. I found out I was pregnant last week and we are over the moon. We had only really started trying the last two months but we had been having unprotected sex for the previous few years (with no unplanned pregnancies to report) so we are shocked it happened so quickly for us when we decided that now was the time.
    I bought and read the book ‘taking charge of your fertility’ to get a good understanding of my body and I had just started charting my temp. Based on this I was sure that we had mistimed sex this cycle. The only other thing that was new was we used Preseed for the first time on this cycle. I am not 100% sure but would absolutely advice any ladies out there still trying to give this a go. I picked it up in my local pharmacy. Best of luck to all!

Advertisement