Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Registering a .IE domain name is Quick, Inexpensive - and a Great Opportunity!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Not sure I agree with the new rules on principle but it has certainly made registering a name for a client much easier.

Can you clarify how long it should now take to provision a .ie?  I registered one with you guys this morning and it's still saying Checking registration status.  WHOIS is showing a message saying registration in progress.

Red Alert wrote: »
    Not sure I agree with the new rules on principle but it has certainly made registering a name for a client much easier.

Can you clarify how long it should now take to provision a .ie?  I registered one with you guys this morning and it's still saying Checking registration status.  WHOIS is showing a message saying registration in progress.
    There's still a manual element to the process when it comes to approving the Irish connection - and IEDR have been experiencing a backlog with the spike in demand. But for applications by an existing IE domain holder, where everything is in order, we are seeing approvals within a couple of hours.

If you want to call our sales team, or drop into our live chat room, we can check the progress of your order for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great news
    Unfortunately my debit card was refused trying to order a domain - maybe to do with Mastercard Secure which you don't seem to support.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Great news
    Unfortunately my debit card was refused trying to order a domain - maybe to do with Mastercard Secure which you don't seem to support.
    Hi fritzelly,

I've checked with our sales team and they say that they do support Mastercard Secure. If you'd like to give them a call, maybe they can help you resolve the issue? https://www.blacknight.com/contact/

Best Regards,
    Conn

Didnt transfer to my bank to enter a pin

• Advertisement

Didnt transfer to my bank to enter a pin
    Sorry, my mistake. We don't support that verification requirement, but your Mastercard should still be accepted ok. Maybe try again, or if you like, phone us https://www.blacknight.com/contact/ (dial 2 for sales) or click on the live chat option and choose sales, and we'll help you to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Conn

Oh it seems the money was taken, never got confirmation of payment.
    Status says In Processing, how long does it take for the domain take before I can use it?

Oh it seems the money was taken, never got confirmation of payment.
    Status says In Processing, how long does it take for the domain take before I can use it?
    Typically not more than a day. Less than that if you already have a .IE name with your account. There's still a manual approval required by IE Domain Registry. If you call our sales team they can update you on the progress of your registration. https://www.blacknight.com/contact/

Regards,
    Conn

Still waiting for this to go live - can I pm you the details to chase up? Hard to contact you with your opening hours/my working hours

Still waiting for this to go live - can I pm you the details to chase up? Hard to contact you with your opening hours/my working hours
    Sure - send me PM and I'll chase it up. Or email help@blacknight.com to open a support ticket and it will help us to keep track.

Regards,
    Conn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Can I ask is there a delay in registering .ie domains since the new rules came into effect?

I registered a new one, adding onto the already registered .ie domain and hosting, and it's been 5 days with the status still being 'Processing/Provisioning'. I've checked for emails about any issues but haven't received any so I'm unsure what the hold up could be.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Can I ask is there a delay in registering .ie domains since the new rules came into effect?

I registered a new one, adding onto the already registered .ie domain and hosting, and it's been 5 days with the status still being 'Processing/Provisioning'. I've checked for emails about any issues but haven't received any so I'm unsure what the hold up could be.
    Hi DubDJ,

That doesn't sound right. If anything, IE registrations are much quicker since the rules changed. If you want to PM me details I'll follow up in the morning.

Regards,
    Conn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hi DubDJ,

That doesn't sound right. If anything, IE registrations are much quicker since the rules changed. If you want to PM me details I'll follow up in the morning.

Regards,
    Conn
    Thanks Conn I've sent on the PM.

Advertisement