Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple education event 27 March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yes, but I didn't think you could do it on iOS. I haven't use pages on iOS at all really so was just wondering.

Well I suppose I wouldn't be writing all my papers on the ipad, just using the ipad to mark up drafts on the go, then making the changes back at the computer. The ipad, for me, is never going to replace that functionality on my mac.

Just in case anyone is wondering about the new iPad, I have to say mine arrived on Friday, along with my pencil and it is AMAZING. I haven't had an upgraded iPad since the original Mini - I've had android tab instead- but this is a seriously nice bit of kit. If you're coming from a recent iPad I'm not sure if you'll see a difference but for me it's great.

Being able to use the pencil is honestly a game changer for me and my workflow. The lag is non-existent to my eye, even with the lower refresh rate than the Pro models, and it's a really pleasant experience reading papers and marking up PDFs. Writing handwritten notes is really nice too and it doesn't feel weird like handwriting on tablets has for me in the past.

I need to get used to the multitasking and other new tricks on the iPad but I din't regret getting this at all. It's going to be so great for doing a paperless college experience for me. It mightn't work for everyone though.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

You should try a Pro side by side with the standard iPad, much more fluid. I'm sorry I did!

Having said that, I plan to get the 2018 iPad too, just can't justify the extra money for the Pro. Enjoy your new purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

quarryman wrote: »
    You should try a Pro side by side with the standard iPad, much more fluid. I'm sorry I did!

Having said that, I plan to get the 2018 iPad too, just can't justify the extra money for the Pro. Enjoy your new purchase :)

Unless you’re an artist, I don’t think the difference will really affect you. The iPad should be fine for taking notes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Anyone recommend a note app that will convert handwritten notes to typed?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

AFAIK it's only for those with institutionally set up icloud accounts. Mostly the US, I know my Unis cloud server is google.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just ordered a 32GB iPad 2018. Holding off on the Apple Pencil for the time being as dont know if Id use it much.

Anyone got any recommendations for cases? Never got on with the Apple ones.

Advertisement