Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

EML L09 8.1.0.120 (C782) here...

Got a Ringke Fusion X delivered from the states today. Ordered 26/07. Really impressed with it so far, in particular the dust flap/protection for the charging port (I've the standard P20 so no full waterproofing). Great grip and feedback from the buttons.. Highly recommended at 18 euro delivered from their (Ringke) eBay store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Can you elaborate on this? Buying one for herself and it will be used primarily for photos / an Instagram business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Tried getting an otterbox case for the p20 pro today in a few shops.. no one seems to be stocking it what a nightmare..

It's available on the Otterbox website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I got a few text message notifications from a blocked number and was able to reinsert the messages back into the person's page. I missed the last 2 though and can't find them now. Any idea which folder I need to look at?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Found them. All is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I missed the bootloader unlock by literally hours. Does anyone know how likely it is that DC Unlocker et al will be able to break it? Or would we be relying on a leak at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

WetDaddy wrote: »
    I missed the bootloader unlock by literally hours. Does anyone know how likely it is that DC Unlocker et al will be able to break it? Or would we be relying on a leak at this point?

I'm not interested in unlocking it but can you use funky huawei?

• Advertisement

I'm not interested in unlocking it but can you use funky huawei?

@micks_address Unfortunately, they don't support the P20 Pro yet. I'm just wondering if it's wishful thinking on my part or if an unlock method is likely to present itself soon...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Currently have a LG G4, and looking at the P20 Pro as a replacement. was thinking s9+ but like the idea of the large battery as that is the main problem of the LG G4, i dont want battery issues.

Im checking prices and 749 on vodafone and carphonewarehouse.
    Any other recommended places for purchasing this phone?
    cheers.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Adverts.ie off a reputable seller for close to the 600 mark.

rameire wrote: »
    Currently have a LG G4, and looking at the P20 Pro as a replacement. was thinking s9+ but like the idea of the large battery as that is the main problem of the LG G4, i dont want battery issues.

Im checking prices and 749 on vodafone and carphonewarehouse.
    Any other recommended places for purchasing this phone?
    cheers.

Heard an offer on the S9 on radio yesterday from carphone warehouse. Sounded like 100 euro with a memory card on 40 euro a month contract for 24 months. Might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

So, Bluetooth transfer to iOS devices is 'currently not compatible'.

Any way around this?

Ta,
    R

Was driving with the radio off and heard a weird hissing sound coming from the phone. I put it up to my ear and there was a high pitched white noise sound coming from it. Had to restart to get rid of it. Has this happened to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭BurnUp78

rizzee wrote: »
    Was driving with the radio off and heard a weird hissing sound coming from the phone. I put it up to my ear and there was a high pitched white noise sound coming from it. Had to restart to get rid of it. Has this happened to anyone?

It's the Chinese spying on you. Destroy the phone immediately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Has anyone got a link on Amazon or eBay for a genuine sypercharge cable? Seems that there are lots of fakes (regular C cables) around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Mr E wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link on Amazon or eBay for a genuine sypercharge cable? Seems that there are lots of fakes (regular C cables) around...

Its hard to find, I bought what I thought was one last year for the P10, but it was just a standard cable.

Huawei are difficult to get genuine accessories for. I'm looking for a UK charger for my Matebook D, but I've had noluck, despite contacting Huawei directly in the UK, and globally.

Anyone? I have a couple of days of an Amazon Prime trial sub left and want to make use of it before it expires. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone? I have a couple of days of an Amazon Prime trial sub left and want to make use of it before it expires. :)

I just ordered x2 of these''Super fast charger for P20 Pro'' that look the same as original.. had a discount code so got them €2.91c delivered but standard price is just over 4 euro delivered for a 2 pack.

Don't get me wrong, it's 99% a case of the old saying ''if it's too good to be true, then it probably is'' ; but i'm willing to take the risk :D Only have the original charger that came with the phone so need a spare for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

I am thinking about buying a P20 from a shop in Dublin that are advertising them on adverts for about 400euro.
    Is there any particular seller on adverts people would recommend or steer clear of completely ?

I am thinking about buying a P20 from a shop in Dublin that are advertising them on adverts for about 400euro.
    Is there any particular seller on adverts people would recommend or steer clear of completely ?

I got my P20 for 380 off one of them at the start of July. Bought 7+ phones off the same user for family and friends over the last year (S8's, iPhones) and everything perfect.

I got my P20 for 380 off one of them at the start of July. Bought 7+ phones off the same user for family and friends over the last year (S8's, iPhones) and everything perfect.

Are you able to insure them? That would be my main concern.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you able to insure them? That would be my main concern.

I rang up an insurance company last year when I bought my S8 off them (Gadget Insurance as far as I remember) and they wouldn't as I didn't have a receipt.

I knew that the phone was legit anyway so the manufacturer warranty would suffice and just kept it protected (Otterbox and glass protector)

With my P20 I didn't bother checking for insurance.

Some of the shops on Adverts provide handwritten receipts, I'd be a bit weary about insuring a phone then in a years time making a claim and turns out they don't accept these type of receipts , or receipts in general from these grey market sellers.

I suppose that's the risk you get but I reckon the price difference compared to high street shops is absolutely worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Another update and some important new features. Vodafone bill pay.

ForestFire wrote: »
    Cool have you noticed the phone faster with gpu update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Cool have you noticed the phone faster with gpu update

It was only 8% at my last post :-) Downloaded and installed now.

It seems to work through a special app only and you have to add your games and run them from there to take affect, so I don't think it is going to affect normal usage. I think a bit more reading up on how it fully works needed.

Nothing on standard p20 :(

• Advertisement

Nothing on standard p20 :(
    Nothing on three network yet for pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I've a P20 Pro and Vodafone Bill Pay and my Huawei still has CLT-L09-8.1.0.128

Here's a question: I have a P20 Pro that comes from Vodafone Bill Pay. However, before even using the VF SIM, I had it unlocked and have been using my Three SIM exclusively.

Does that mean I'm getting my updates via VF or via Three? Or how is it controlled?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wamwig

Just downloaded update (.131) on Three. Pro model. Don't notice any difference. Anyone know what the update brings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing but at the moment if I'm listening to music / podcast whatever and I get a message or notification then it stops the sound for like half a second. It's doing my head in

This is sending me demented, is it the same for everyone?

Is there a reason why Huawei (or the networks?) are slow to release updates for the phone. In reality I don't really mind waiting as long as the software is bug free (I'm still on April security patch), I just like having the latest features and settings.

• Advertisement

Google says that there used to be an app called "Don't Pause" which solves your issue, but it seems to have been removed from Google Play.

Other people say to make sure your phone is in DND mode if you don't want the drop in volume.

Is there a reason why Huawei (or the networks?) are slow to release updates for the phone. In reality I don't really mind waiting as long as the software is bug free (I'm still on April security patch), I just like having the latest features and settings.

Huawei need to add their stuff to any Android update, then the networks need to add their stuff....hence the delay.

This is all supposed to be ending with project Treble, but I haven't really been keeping up with that.

I think it's a per-app setting.

Pocketcast has a "Play over Notification" option.
    PowerAmp has an "Audio Focus" option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone know if the prepay P20 pro from Three is likely to be unlocked?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone know if the prepay P20 pro from Three is likely to be unlocked?!
    I got mine from three and was unlocked.. By pre pay you mean on contract? Was on week one of release. I know it was unlocked as had eir sim in it for few days

• Advertisement

Pre pay = pay as you go/top up. Bill pay = contract. Most newer phones come unlocked but better off double checking. Sure its cheaper to buy sim free on adverts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

https://www.xda-developers.com/emui-9-beta-android-pie-huawei-honor/

Beta testing for emui 9 has opened. There's no projects available for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Been reading there's some good improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

P20 Pro down to €600 on Three PrePay.
    https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p20-pro/

maki wrote: »
    P20 Pro down to €600 on Three PrePay.
    https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p20-pro/

It's 549 in store (Carphonewarehouse - black version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

How low will it go to on prepay?

Still holding out, debating changing to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I was just in store. It's the regular P20 that's €549. The P20 Pro is €779.

Looks like Three have it significantly cheaper.

can't see it going much lower than that unless there is a glut of them out there to sell.

are three only selling the single sim version I guess also?

glasso wrote: »
    are three only selling the single sim version I guess also?

Don't think carriers would want to sell dual SIM where you can put a competitors SIM into the device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement