Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

I'd say you could download an app for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

dragona wrote: »
    My husband got himself a P20, can't charge it at night as it beeps constantly while charging. The phone is on.Using supplied cable. Is there a setting to turn this off somewhere?

Have looked but can't see anything, not going to switch it off every time to charge!

Figured it out, it was a faulty charger plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭17togo

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but myself and the wife have a p20. Really like the the phone, great battery life and brilliant camera. But, quite regularly when I go to make a call the phone won't connect the call, the same on my wifes phone. On the call screen it will just keep saying 'dialling' and after about 10 secs it'll stop and say 'call ended'. The 'call forwarding enabled' message doesn't appear, that's when I know the call isn't gonna connect. We're both on the three network. And it's not because we've no network coverage, if the normal call doesn't connect we can ring eachother on whattsapp no problem so we obviously still have coverage.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Not sure if this is the issue or not but you could try switching off 'WiFi Calling' - see if that makes a difference.

Not sure if this is the issue or not but you could try switching off 'WiFi Calling' - see if that makes a difference.

Thanks but I don't think that would be the problem, this can happen when I'm not connected to WiFi too, I've tried turning off the mobile data when having the problem too, still no joy. But then 5 minutes later I'll try and the call will go through. Its strange though cos when I can't make a call, my wife has also tried to ring me and she also cant call. I've contacted three when this has happened and they've checked the area I'm in and said there's been no outages or faults. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

17togo wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been brought up before, but myself and the wife have a p20. Really like the the phone, great battery life and brilliant camera. But, quite regularly when I go to make a call the phone won't connect the call, the same on my wifes phone. On the call screen it will just keep saying 'dialling' and after about 10 secs it'll stop and say 'call ended'. The 'call forwarding enabled' message doesn't appear, that's when I know the call isn't gonna connect. We're both on the three network. And it's not because we've no network coverage, if the normal call doesn't connect we can ring eachother on whattsapp no problem so we obviously still have coverage.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I had a similar issue but with receiving calls, I emailed customer support and got the following reply, it fixed my problem might do the same for you possibly?!

Sandra (Huawei Support)

Oct 22, 15:46 CEST

Thank you for contacting Huawei Support UK.
    We are sorry to hear about the situation which has prompted you to write to us.
    In order to solve this issue, we recommend to wipe the cache partition. In order to do this, please follow the below steps:
    1. Turn the device off completely.
    2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
    3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
    4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
    5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Thank you for contacting Huawei Support UK. We are sorry to hear about the situation which has prompted you to write to us. In order to solve this issue, we recommend to wipe the cache partition. In order to do this, please follow the below steps: 1. Turn the device off completely. 2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu. 3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select). 4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again. 5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Thanks, I've just tried that now so hopefully it'll make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

17togo wrote: »
    Thanks, I've just tried that now so hopefully it'll make a difference.

Can you let me know if this worked for you, I am on Tesco Mobile and i have the same issue.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Everytime I get a text the notification on lock screen shows 2 messages.

I've gone into messages and marked all messages as read..
    Still no good..

Any ideas?

Cionn wrote:
    Can you let me know if this worked for you, I am on Tesco Mobile and i have the same issue.

I've made a few phone calls today without any problem, so fingers crossed. Maybe try it anyway, it doesnt affect the phone any other way by doing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

keano25 wrote: »
    Everytime I get a text the notification on lock screen shows 2 messages.

I've gone into messages and marked all messages as read..
    Still no good..

Any ideas?

Did you look at social media such as FB messenger ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Gatling wrote: »
    Did you look at social media such as FB messenger ?

Ya nothing there. It comes up as the actual text message icon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just got notification of Android 9 being ready to download (3 PAYG)

Nyum Nyum wrote: »

Virgin bill pay too ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Any ideas when these will reduce in price for payg?

Mundo7976 wrote: »

They only recently went back up in price in-store your best bet might be watching Amazon

Cionn wrote:

3 days in and the problem hasn't returned so I'd definitely say that gas solved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just got this phone. Ran AnTuTu benchmarking app. The phone got pretty hot. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Gatling wrote: »
    Nyum Nyum wrote: »

Virgin bill pay too ,
    Nothing here for me yet virgin bill pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I am on Tesco Mobile bill pay and got the update yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Amazon.es P20 pro €559

Invincible wrote: »
    Amazon.es P20 pro €559

Thats a great price but id prefer getting one here in case of faults plus ive got vouchers to use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

VM billpay. Went to london yesterday for the football and got the update notification..lol, downloaded it on the Hotel wifi.

What was with that natural tone to the screen that came with the up ,made the screen look terrible imo ,

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bkeane

€489 on Argos.ie today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Well that has to be an error.
    P20 pro, p20 p20 lite all 489.

Know which 1 would be going for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

bkeane wrote: »
    €489 on Argos.ie today.

Ya down to £399 on argos Co. UK.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8107833

€489 on Argos.ie today.

Think they realsied their mistake, no links will work on the website for the pro but does for the others

Think they realsied their mistake, no links will work on the website for the pro but does for the others

Now removed from sale 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

dan786 wrote: »

Click buy or reservse and you get a dead link.

Click buy or reservse and you get a dead link.

I just reserved one now through the telephone reservation number.

removed now. Link no longer works.

Just picked one up instore navan

€489 on Argos.ie today.

Thanks alot for the heads up, was about to drop €550 on the non pro version next week!

Just picked one up instore navan

How long a go was that? I want it but its taken off the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I reserved this morning when I saw the HDUK thread. I'm using a Oneplus 5 (8gb/128gb) which is rock solid and wondering is this a significant upgrade or should i leave it?!

How long a go was that? I want it but its taken off the site.

Half an hour ago, i went instore and checked on the machine, it was available to purchase and took payment.
    My mate picked one up 5 mins ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

sweetie wrote: »
    I reserved this morning when I saw the HDUK thread. I'm using a Oneplus 5 (8gb/128gb) which is rock solid and wondering is this a significant upgrade or should i leave it?!

I'm the exact same, I got an upgrade to a P20 pro but it's a single sim so have to sell it for a dual.
    My 5t isn't giving any issues. I still think the camera is great, I may download the pixel camera app to see if it improves it.

• Advertisement

Had a think, P30 will be announced in March. So not sure if I should go for it. Huawei offer great pre-order deals. They gave free Bose QC 35 II with P20 Preorder worth 350 and then the new Huawei Watch and Wireless Chargers with Mate 20 worth 250.

I got a P20 Pro on release at 799 and sold Bose for 300. So only paid 500 for one in April last year. Then sold the phone month later for 650 back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

In the same boat, with the P30 I might hold off.

Might drop into Argos to see anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Took the plunge on this, if any one wants one it's worth calling into store.

I think I got the last one in Ilac Centre.

Still not 100pct if I will keep but at least I have the option now

Back to 740 today!
    Bargain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Mundo7976 wrote:
    Back to 740 today! Bargain...

It's a year old now, hardly a bargain. Would much prefer a mate 20 pro..

tedpan wrote: »
    It's a year old now, hardly a bargain. Would much prefer a mate 20 pro..

More than twice what i paid, for a slight improvement in os/features, yeah its a bargain considering they’re 50% more expensive everywhere else

I will sell mine for 490 if anyone that missed out wants it. Decided to stick to my Note 9 for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I will sell mine for 490 if anyone that missed out wants it. Decided to stick to my Note 9 for now.

Any chance its a sim free, dual sim pro?

Magic Pips wrote: »
    Any chance its a sim free, dual sim pro?

Obviously its Sim free. They dont sell dual sim here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Obviously its Sim free. They dont sell dual sim here.

Thanks for the reply, and the offer to sell it forward. Needed the dual sim. :D

Advertisement