Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Anyone with P20 on 3 Billpay got an update yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

dragona wrote: »

Yes. Well 3 business account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is there any wayb to remove the Huawei Apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

I got the update about 4 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is there any wayb to remove the Huawei Apps?

Don't think so. Use a launcher that lets you hide apps - out of sight, out of mind. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

how are people finding the P20 lite ???

is it worth switching from Iphone 7 plus

Anyone have an issue with the mic not working?

Any one using this glass screen protector

https://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/collections/huawei-p20-pro/products/huawei-p20-pro-tempered-glass-screen-protector

I've had 2 now, they're great but the keep cracking on me. First one just cracked in my pocket.

What alternatives are they?

Still waiting, strange so many handsets on Three have got it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Has anyone put any launchers on the pro yet (go/nova). No a fan of stock and am wondering if the launchers work ok with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Has anyone put any launchers on the pro yet (go/nova). No a fan of stock and am wondering if the launchers work ok with it?

I use nova ,

Definitely better than that stock one , haven't had any issues runs smoothly and has all the custom settings you could want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Gatling wrote: »
    I use nova ,

Definitely better than that stock one , haven't had any issues runs smoothly and has all the custom settings you could want

Thanks.
    Ive been hearing good things about nova.
    Ive used go for years and found them to be quite sh!t in the last 12-18months

Anyone have an issue with the mic not working?
    Do you use private space?

vandriver wrote: »
    Do you use private space?

Nope. Looking online seems to be caused by Bluetooth headphones

If I have my phone connected to the car,my Bluetooth credit card machine won't connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Has anyone had there screen repaired in Dublin? Smashed mine while away so wondering roughly how much ill have to pay when im home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ASOT wrote: »
    Has anyone had there screen repaired in Dublin? Smashed mine while away so wondering roughly how much ill have to pay when im home.
    Get the screen yourself and then get them replace it. Www.replacebase.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Looking at buying a refurb from handtec. Does anyone know anywhere that will insure a refurb phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

ASOT wrote: »

Where and when did you buy? Vodafone has screen protection insurance included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

irishgeo wrote: »
    Nothing here for me yet virgin bill pay.

I'm on Vodafone bill pay and I got the update CLT-L09 9.0.0.163

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

My neighbour purchased a Huawei P20 Pro and he called over for me to see if I could restore some settings which he felt he accidentally knocked off when answering a text or call, etc.

One was easy to restore. It was the default keypad. I am not familiar with the phone but it was simply a case of choosing a settings icon with a keypad graphic in a dark set of settings toolbars on his messages app and I set it back to swiftkey/sbar?? or similar and he was happy. It had been accidentally switched over to gboard keyboard layout which he wasn't as familiar with.

The other I could not help him on but I am suspicious that it was something perhaps on EMUI 8 and that he got an update to 9.x.
    As best he could explain to me, when in the dialler screen for initiating outgoing calls he said that he had options regarding recent calls and contacts in the header area at the top of screen which he had found handy and gotten into the habit of using.
    I tried all manner of settings but couldnt' restore it to create this row of options at top of screen in dialler.
    Is it possible that the 8.x EMUI had a different dialler layout than 9.x ?
    This is all speculation on my part. I have a feeling when he showed me his phone a week ago when he had just purchased it that it was running Oreo/8.0 and when I checked settings last night when he called over it said Android 9 and EMUI 9.0.0x or similar.

If it's an EMUI change I am guessing he has to live with whatever new layout they have made going forward.
    Is this familiar to anyone who owns Huawei P20 or similar smartphone with regards to the dialler layout ?

--ifc

batman2000 wrote: »
    I'm on Vodafone bill pay and I got the update CLT-L09 9.0.0.163

On Three, billpay and still waiting.Anyone got update on Three??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

On Three, billpay and still waiting.Anyone got update on Three??

I'm still waiting on 3 bill pay, it's a work phone and one of the other lads got the same phone at the same time and his updated about 2 weeks ago?;

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on 3 bill pay, it's a work phone and one of the other lads got the same phone at the same time and his updated about 2 weeks ago?;

Strange beans alright. A good few people on 3 bill pay have already got the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

ifconfig wrote: »
    My neighbour purchased a Huawei P20 Pro and he called over for me to see if I could restore some settings which he felt he accidentally knocked off when answering a text or call, etc.

One was easy to restore. It was the default keypad. I am not familiar with the phone but it was simply a case of choosing a settings icon with a keypad graphic in a dark set of settings toolbars on his messages app and I set it back to swiftkey/sbar?? or similar and he was happy. It had been accidentally switched over to gboard keyboard layout which he wasn't as familiar with.

The other I could not help him on but I am suspicious that it was something perhaps on EMUI 8 and that he got an update to 9.x.
    As best he could explain to me, when in the dialler screen for initiating outgoing calls he said that he had options regarding recent calls and contacts in the header area at the top of screen which he had found handy and gotten into the habit of using.
    I tried all manner of settings but couldnt' restore it to create this row of options at top of screen in dialler.
    Is it possible that the 8.x EMUI had a different dialler layout than 9.x ?
    This is all speculation on my part. I have a feeling when he showed me his phone a week ago when he had just purchased it that it was running Oreo/8.0 and when I checked settings last night when he called over it said Android 9 and EMUI 9.0.0x or similar.

If it's an EMUI change I am guessing he has to live with whatever new layout they have made going forward.
    Is this familiar to anyone who owns Huawei P20 or similar smartphone with regards to the dialler layout ?

--ifc
    Im on EMUI 9 and I have the screen as you describe.
    it has the last 4 contacts on the top half and the dialler numbers on the bottom half, if i scroll through the recent numbers the whole page goes to recent contact. but I can then press an icon on the page that splits the screen back again.
    I have gone through settings and played around and cannot get just the dialler on its own.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

moving from iphone 7 plus

worth the move to p20 lite

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    moving from iphone 7 plus

worth the move to p20 lite

Is that a statement or a question?

Is that a statement or a question?

question obviously

never used android before

is it worth the switch from ios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Rathkenny

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    question obviously

never used android before

is it worth the switch from ios

I moved from iPhone to P20 Pro. I'm very happy with my decision to move away from IPhone. The only downside was losing my music on iTunes. There may be a way around that but I haven't had the time to look into it properly. I switched for the P20 Pro camera but the battery has proved to be unbelievable compared to iPhone too. I'm not sure what the battery is like on the Lite version though. I had no problem transferring contacts or with getting the same apps that I used on iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Rathkenny wrote: »
    I moved from iPhone to P20 Pro. I'm very happy with my decision to move away from IPhone. The only downside was losing my music on iTunes. There may be a way around that but I haven't had the time to look into it properly. I switched for the P20 Pro camera but the battery has proved to be unbelievable compared to iPhone too. I'm not sure what the battery is like on the Lite version though. I had no problem transferring contacts or with getting the same apps that I used on iPhone.

Official iTunes for android is available in the play store, apple offer advice for customers who have a previous apple account here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205365#already_member

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Got my update today on 3 bill pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Me three.

Get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Greywolverine

Slattsy wrote: »
    Me three.

Get it.

Anyone having issues with free public wifi

Finally got it on virgin media.

Now go to a place with free password less WiFi and tell me will you keep it.

• Advertisement

Now go to a place with free password less WiFi and tell me will you keep it.
    I meant the update.

What's the problem with free WiFi. Wifi is WiFi.

I meant the update.

What's the problem with free WiFi. Wifi is WiFi.

Try it out and you will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the January patches today on Vodafone (9.0.0.195)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Try it out and you will see

Or you could just tell him?

Or you could just tell him?

Read back through my posts 🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Advertisement

Read back through my posts ��������

Ive been reading through this thread and cant see any of your posts?

Is this just a problem you have encountered? Or have several others? Ive searched google for the issue and the only thing that came up was a post by you asking about the problem. There are other wifi issues but not the same as yours?

I'm just asking because you're making it out to be a wide spread deal breaker issue, where as I cant find much info on it via google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

thehamo wrote: »
    Because its being posted in the Mate 20 thread :confused:

After a few weeks using this is a very sexy phone

I wouldn't bother, posting in wrong thread and quite unpleasant.

thehamo wrote: »

Is this just a problem you have encountered? Or have several others? Ive searched google for the issue and the only thing that came up was a post by you asking about the problem. There are other wifi issues but not the same as yours?

I'm just asking because you're making it out to be a wide spread deal breaker issue, where as I cant find much info on it via google.

Got a reply from Huawei UK this morning and here is the reply, if should you whatsoever be not able to connect to work, Maccers, Hospital wifi - Follow this :D

In response, we would like to let you know that sometimes when you try to connect to a public network, for security reasons, you are not allowed to access that specific network.

You can try to login using Modzilla Firefox. Please download it on your phone and install it. After that, copy the link from Chrome and paste it into the Modzilla and register.

Before connecting to Wi-Fi, open Chrome > tap on the Three dots > Settings > Site Settings > Allow pop-ups.

After doing this, connect to Wi-Fi and check if the browser opens automatically requesting credentials or registration. If not, open Chrome and check if it redirects to the login site.

Please make sure you have forced stop the Chrome application before you open Modzilla. To do so go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > open Chrome from the list > Force stop.

After that reset the Network settings > Settings > System >Reset > Network settings reset > Network settings reset again to confirm.

Finally, open Wi-Fi and connect using Modzilla Firefox.

:P Hmmmm - Have'nt tried it yet fingers crossed!

I have the phone 4 months and it's fantastic. The camera really is amazing. I had a family wedding and christening the last 2 weeks and the photos I took from the P20 Pro are fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

I have the phone 4 months and it's fantastic. The camera really is amazing. I had a family wedding and christening the last 2 weeks and the photos I took from the P20 Pro are fantastic.

Have you had any issues with free public wifi

kala85 wrote: »
    Have you had any issues with free public wifi

No, none.

Have to wait for my bloody contract to be up in April before i get one. My s7 is doingmy head in at this rate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Upgraded to their latest software and it broke my work profile, great job guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement