Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical questions Need Help please!!

Options
  • 27-03-2018 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I am apprentice doing a job for my mate he's wants a cheap one as he's outta work for a while .
    So we have 1.5 and 2.5 nymj cable on 30 metre run from the house distribution board to the shed all the cables are in and they will be ducted and cemented over in the garden am I okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Hi
    I am apprentice doing a job for my mate he's wants a cheap one as he's outta work for a while .
    So we have 1.5 and 2.5 nymj cable on 30 metre run from the house distribution board to the shed all the cables are in and they will be ducted and cemented over in the garden am I okay?

No :D contact safe electric

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Only a REC is permitted to work on a distribution board.

Assuming that the cables are properly sized and they have sufficient mechanical protection most likely they are OK. Remember NYMJ is not UV resistant so they should not be exposed to sunlight anywhere along the run. I would generally prefer to bring one larger cable and install a small sub-distribution board. I also prefer to use SWA for this sort of application.

Advertisement