Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Monitor goes into powersave mode

Options
  • 27-03-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

My Dell monitor keeps going into powersave mode while Im working. If I factory reset it it might be OK for a few hours but it is very annoying. Dell tech support has nothing about this but if I google it there are loads of hits but I cant find a solution. Using windows 8. Any thoughs please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What's the model number and what type of connection are you using to it - HDMI - VGA - Display Port ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Marian Walsh

Model no is S2240LC and connection is VGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Check if this apply in your case:
    ...This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged. The monitor will enter Power Save Mode in 5 minutes if left at this state
    See troubleshoting on page 40 in manual

On supported Dell models an Options tab will be available to provide PowerNap energy conservation options. When the
    screensaver activates, the monitor's Brightness can automatically be set to minimum level or the monitor can be put to sleep
    in order to save additional power.
    Try disable "PowerNap" if Display Manager installed. See page 3 here

Advertisement