Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Mulhudart?

Options
  • 27-03-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a house in Mulhuddart. I was interested in some opinions about the area. Is it considered a safe area? Or which parts of the village are considered better? Family friendly? What's the quality of the houses? What's the general feeling? Pros & Cons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Maybe learn how to spell it first! Mulhuddart!

Generally ok. It wouldn't be where I'd pick but isn't the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AndreeaMac

Thanks for correcting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Where in Mulhuddart. People will generally tell you not to bother but I've lived here for 30 years and never had a problem.

Huntstown Lawn or Saddlers Crescent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah, both perfect areas, wouldn't say Hunstown was in Mulhuddart though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Either are actually ok. Huntstown is not Mulhuddart though.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

I was brought up in Briarwood. While you might not think it's Mulhuddart, the postal address will tell you otherwise.
    I assume Huntstown is the same as part of huntstown estate is the same entrance as Briarwood.

Probably goes back to the days before the dual carriageway was there and it was just separated from Mulhuddart by a field!

Thanks! I noticed on Daft they appear as part of Mulhuddart, and I'm not familiar with the area, so I was interested if they are worth taking into consideration, as the houses seemed really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Nothing wrong with the area there. Deffo give it a consideration. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MissTheDome

Rented in Huntstown rise while I was in college wayyy back in the early 90ts. Long commute but felt very safe. Freindly neighbors on every side and left it with a very positive view of the nor soide.
    Granted, the 90ts was quite a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I've lived in Mulhuddart wood for over 20 years. We've been very happy here. We've had some of the same issues you'd expect in any housing estate. We've had 1 car stolen and 2 attempted car thefts and 1 house break in, in 23 years.
    The village is great. It's very busy and there are always people around and it's close to Blanchardstown SC. There are lots of things for kids to do.
    Our kids go to school in Tyrrelstown as we didn't like the local schools.
    Personally I wouldn't live over the bridge although my husband grew up in Ladyswell.
    I think there is good value in houses prices in comparison to other areas in D15.
    That's just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aLou991

I grew up between Huntstown Wood & Mulhuddart Wood.

Both lovely areas. Was there for 26 years until I jumped ship a couple months ago and bought down in Trim. Lovely area, we never had any problems apart from one break in which isn't bad going for 26 years!

Advertisement