Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance for holiday

Options
  • 27-03-2018 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a health insurer to cover a holiday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

I went with 123.ie seem to have higher level of cover than some of the others I checked
    They have 3 different levels bronze, silver and gold
    Make sure you get good cover as usa is expensive for health care if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Can anyone recommend a health insurer to cover a holiday?

We have used multitrip for the past few years taking an annual policy and the middle tier cover. 2 years ago I got a swollen lip ( dirty beer bottle) while in the US and phoned multitrip support number and they advised going to the emergency room.

I was at the hospital maybe 30 minutes with 20 of that answering questions. 5 minutes with the doc and 5 minutes waiting for the prescription. Ultimately the bill was $900, the hospital and the doctor bill separately and the insurance covered the cost with no issues. About 6 months later I got a bill from multitrip for the policy excess which was €100. I had held back the receipts for the prescription so I submitted them and they covered about €70 worth. Multitrip wrote the balance off, really nice and helpful, no fuss at any time during the claim process.

Similar story with an insurance claim for my wife in the US a few years before. $3500 claim with €100 excess.

Now I wouldn't use anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

^^^^^^
    Same here. VHI multitrip. Had to claim on it a few times and never had any issues. I'd recommend it.

Advertisement