Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats next?

Options
  • 27-03-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I took up Eircom broadband before Christmas and changed over from SKY.
    The service is good with no complaints but I am getting another persons bill with their name,addressed to my address.
    I have contacted ye previously phone and by PM and was told there is nothing that can be done.
    When i originally set it up I was told that my UAN was been used by someone else.
    How can this be?
    Anyway yesterday I got 5 separate envelopes to my address with this persons name.
    I get my own bills without issue via online, and all is up to date.
    I obviously have not opened up their correspondence but with 5 envelopes it must mean that there is a problem with the other persons payments. 
    So what happens next??
    Will I lose my service or will men in black arrive at my door....???
    By the way the person named on the bill is unknown to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

kmb wrote: »
    Hi all,
    The service is good with no complaints but I am getting another persons bill with their name,addressed to my address.
    I have contacted ye previously phone and by PM and was told there is nothing that can be done.
    When i originally set it up I was told that my UAN was been used by someone else.
    How can this be?
    Anyway yesterday I got 5 separate envelopes to my address with this persons name.
    I obviously have not opened up their correspondence but with 5 envelopes it must mean that there is a problem with the other persons payments. 
    So what happens next??
    Its a serious data breach as they are giving someone else's information to you.  They should be taking this very seriously and after GDPR comes in at end of May they will be liable to substantial fines for doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi all,
    How can this be?
    So what happens next??
    Hi kmb, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me the details you have for this customer and your own account number and full name and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Tracey,

You and I have already discussed this recently by PM but I will link this discussion to it.
    Although you say that I am not responsible for their bills, withdrawing their service may also cut my service due to the same UAN.
    Can you make their bills be online rather than paper as I would rather not have their postal bills coming through my letterbox?
    Also can you advise how someone else can share my UAN?
    Surely they are unique?
    If they are behind with their bills, which I am guessing from 5 letters in one day,when would their service be withdrawn normally?
    Google gives me the following:
    A Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique number that identifies the line that carries broadband and phone signals to a home. It is eight digits in length and can be found on most broadband and phone bills

Kind Regards,

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Tracey,

We got another 4 letters in the door again addressed to the same person from Eircom.
    Can you advise the update on sorting this?

Kind Regards,

kmb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Tracey,

We got another 4 letters in the door again addressed to the same person from Eircom.
    Can you advise the update on sorting this?

Kind Regards,

kmb
    Hi kmb,

Unfortunately, Tracey is not in today.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas[/font]

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

• Advertisement
Advertisement