Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI - how is it?

Options
  • 27-03-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Royal college of Surgeons - fancy name for sure but - how is it as a college?

As in, you say you have a degree from Trinity, people sit and take notice.

Say you have a degree of Tallaght IT - no so much.

Where does RSCI stand?

And also in terms of course delivery - I understand the majority of their material is delivered through a department in St James's hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

FakePie wrote: »

Where does RSCI stand?

And also in terms of course delivery - I understand the majority of their material is delivered through a department in St James's hospital.

I wasn’t a student .. but do a lot of work with the RCSI and they are an excellent institution with an international reputation. Their new building on York street is spectacular and the facilities are top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FakePie

whippet wrote: »
    FakePie wrote: »

Where does RSCI stand?

I wasn’t a student .. but do a lot of work with the RCSI and they are an excellent institution with an international reputation. Their new building on York street is spectacular and the facilities are top notch
    Sounds good.

Not to be a stickler but - can anyone second that?

I'd think of perhaps some private colleges like Dublin Business School and, whilst they do have good reputations, personally I wouldn't rank the calibre of graduate alongside the likes of UCD or Trinity, by example - would be talking specifically in terms of disciplines like computer science.

I'm looking at RCSI, for physiotherapy BTW.

Advertisement