Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a house signed over-engineers report. Issue with water supply.

Options
  • 27-03-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

The house next door to my Mum's was for sale and now it's sale agreed. My mum's and the next door one are country bungalows built around 50 years ago. The house next door has their water supply drawn of my mum's supply. This was not really an issue before now because they were related. However with the sale does an engineer's report have to be done and should the house next door get their house connected to the public supply?

Comments

One of the standard questions that the buyers solicitor will ask of the sellers solicitor concerns the water supply.

The seller should ensure that the correct answer is given to avoid a possible later claim if the buyer has to pay to get themselves connected to the water supply in their own right.

Is it a group scheme or full public water supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Thunderbirds

One of the standard questions that the buyers solicitor will ask of the sellers solicitor concerns the water supply.

The seller should ensure that the correct answer is given to avoid a possible later claim if the buyer has to pay to get themselves connected to the water supply in their own right.

Is it a group scheme or full public water supply?

Thanks for reply. It's a full public water supply.

Advertisement