Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a recipe for a coffee sponge cake?

Options
  • 27-03-2018 9:19pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm not too familiar with this forum so apologies if this is in the wrong place, I've looked around but I haven't been able to find a "recipe request" thread.

I'm looking for a recipe for a coffee sponge, if anyone has a good one they don't mind sharing. What I had in mind was a coffee, vanilla and white chocolate cake. My brains are telling me coffee cake with a coffee syrup to be used under the white chocolate (and cream? or butter?) icing, maybe even one to be used as filling and the other as icing. Both icing and cake would have a fair bit of vanilla added to them. To make things more complicated, I'll have to bake it tomorrow morning for tomorrow afternoon's visitors. Also, I have various cake tins but no two are the same size, the smallest is 22cm, so it'll either have to be a single layer or I'll have to bake two of them.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a lovely one in the Cooking Club, there's no white chocolate in it though.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74972990

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Dizzyblonde was faster.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks DizzyBlonde. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've no buttermilk and I won't get to the shops this morning. Can I use milk and baking powder instead? The only yogurt I have in the house is strawberry. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

New Home wrote: »
    I've no buttermilk and I won't get to the shops this morning. Can I use milk and baking powder instead? The only yogurt I have in the house is strawberry. :/

Do you have a lemon or vinegar? Then you can make a buttermilk substitute.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-a-quick-easy-buttermilk-substitute-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-185757

• Advertisement

Thanks, Cheshire Cat, I'll do that. :)

Advertisement