Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Friday Racing

• 27-03-2018 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭

High class racing takes place on good friday at Lingfield with huge money on offer (for aw).

The first race is an apprentice handicap which i will swerve as it will be very difficult to solve.The rest of the card presents good opportunities and while most are level weight contests backing favs blindly is not the way to go.

I will probably have a bet on all the races except the first and will post my selections here.Shops will be closed on Friday in Ireland so anyone having a punt should get on on thursday if the do not have an account.

It would be interesting to hear the views of punters on the meeting and any value bets they might suggest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

2 OC Watersmeet has proved a tough horse to pass but Funny Kid makes the journey from France and may make up the neck he was beaten last time.

If i was sure Red Verdon would stay i would back it but FUNNY KID is my bet around 4/1.

2 30 ZEST ran a blinder when 1 length behind Muffri'Ha over cd last november with Promising Run (a good yardstick)1/2 a length back in 3rd and the 5 year old mare looks a good bet ew at 5/1.

The 3 05 is a hot sprint which could throw up a different result each time it was run.I am going for a bit of value in backing INTISAAB at 10s.Needs a strong pace and will be held up so will need the gaps to open.
    A very fast finisher who was 1/2 length behind likely fav Kachy the last time he ran in the UK before winning a £105,000 race in Doha last time i will not be surprised to see INTISAAB come with a late run in a race that could have a fair few leaders in the last furlong.A good ew bet.

Corinthia Knight looks best in the 3 40.

Second Thought to beat Arcanada in the 4 10

Mr Owen 4/1 may get revenge on Master The World but i will be having a small saver on Abe Lincoln at 14/1 who has a bit to find on ratings but Noseda would not be running him unless he thought he had a chance even with his high draw.

On the question of the draw,as long as one is not drawn very wide in the larger fields i would not worry too much and a middle draw is fine.

I will back these in multiples for small stakes and have a few reasonable single bets.

Advertisement