Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Blackrock?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi

I’m looking to relocate to Blackrock (currently living and working in Dublin) and trying to work out how I can commute to work in Dublin City Centre each day. Is there a bus that goes through Blackrock on way to Dublin or would I have to travel into Dundalk town first? I need commute to be manageable and ideally would rather not drive.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm not from that end of Louth, but don't think that any Dublin bus service goes through Blackrock, but the 100 bus does go via the Dublin Road. If you have to travel to meet a bus, then you are better off getting the Matthews coach from one of the Dundalk stops. They offer a quick service into Dublin. I use them the odd time here in Drogheda and they are an efficient service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Your best bet is probably the bus, but as said you'd need to head in towards town to get it. Either at the 'Old Shopping Centre' or the college, I'd say.

Another option is the train. Plenty of people use the train. I think there's an Enterprise arrives into Connolly at about 8:58 or so, so depending on what time you're due at work and where, that might suit. But you'd have to get yourself to the station.

Advertisement