Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist killed in collision with truck in Kilkenny

Options
  • 28-03-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

Gardaí have appealed for witnesses to a crash in which a cyclist was killed on Tuesday.

The cyclist, in his early 40s, was fatally injured in a collision with a truck at Newpark Drive, Kilkenny, at about 5.35pm.

The man whose name has not been released was taken to St Luke’s General Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later. The driver of the truck was uninjured.

A stretch of road was closed for a examination but has since reopened.

Gardaí have asked for anyone who witnessed theincident to contact Kilkenny Garda station on 056-777 5000, the Garda confidential line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station.

RIP :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I heard this on my way into work this morning, very sad :( R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

:( awful news

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,596 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

RIP

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

RIP - More cyclists so is it "safe" to assume that this will become more regular?

Scares the SH99te9 out of me tbh, seem to subconsciously now go on the turbo more with that nagging doubt in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Sad sad news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Condolences to the family.

(Strange how some cases make the headlines and others hardly get mentioned.)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Heard this this morning on the news. So sad. God help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Heard this morning too. RIP! I thought of the poor guy and his family later today. We take so much for granted when we cycle.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: Reminder that This is a condolences thread only, and any other kinds of posts will be deleted.

R.I.P. Hideous for family and friends.

Advertisement