Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know what this yoke is?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

There are a number of these out on a customer's site. And I don't know exactly what they do.
    They are mounted high on the wall and connected with a phone cable to a Cat5 point on the wall. It is made by LG, but there is no model number on the chassis.

446769.JPG
    Anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Cordless phone base station?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

looks like a WIFI access point. Might be a repeater.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks to be an LG Nortel DECT phone station.

Dead ringer for it in this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-Nortel-GDC-330B-DECT-Base-Station-Wireless-GAP-IP-Cordless-Business-phone-/390549714962

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Looked like a modem to me at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looked like a modem to me at first glance.

Why would a modem have aerials?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Looks like a piece off a cyberman

Unplug it and see what stops working or who starts complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Thanks everybody.
    I obviously knew that it had some wireless function, and some phone function (given it was connected to RJ11), but didn't think that it was to do with DECT phones. I'm not even sure they still have DECT phones on the premises.
    I was going to just plug out and see who complained, but it's a nursing home and I am only on site one day a month. I don't want anybody dying because of my actions! Let me see if anybody uses DECT phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

I was going to just plug out and see who complained, but it's a nursing home and I am only on site one day a month. I don't want anybody dying because of my actions! Let me see if anybody uses DECT phones.

Do any of the patients/residents carry those personal alarms or something in case they fall when staff are not around?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes, MediAlert could use a DECT link to the base, that would require such a unit to function.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Thanks everybody.
    I obviously knew that it had some wireless function, and some phone function (given it was connected to RJ11), but didn't think that it was to do with DECT phones. I'm not even sure they still have DECT phones on the premises.

I think we can all agree that a nursing home is not the place for a scream test to be tried.

I've seen medical equipment use some clunky and outdated tech, simple cos it's cheap and reliable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Try asking around. Somebody must know their purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

it's a nursing home and I am only on site one day a month
    Best not switch them off in that case!

=-=

Goto the cable room, and see what they're all connected to. I'd say the box that they're all linked to will have a contact number of some type to ring, in case it breaks.

Advertisement