If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between these two TV's

Options
  • 28-03-2018 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Looking at the following tv's:

LG 49UJ630V (£419)
    LG 49UJ670V (£459)

Can you advise what the difference is between the two? Also, is there any chance of a special super duper Boardsie price? ;)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Inviere wrote: »
    Hi there

Looking at the following tv's:

LG 49UJ630V (£419)
    LG 49UJ670V (£459)

Can you advise what the difference is between the two? Also, is there any chance of a special super duper Boardsie price? ;)
    Hi Inviere.

The main differences between these two televisions would be:
    The 670 has a slightly higher motion processing.
    The 670 has 1 extra HDMI input.
    The 670 has the stand in the middle instead of at the end like the 630.

The 670 also has the feature "360 degree video"
    [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When watching suitable video, this feature lets you use the remote to track 360-degrees from left to right. It also allows you to 'look' up and down and even zoom in and out. Simply put, it's the closest thing yet to actually being there![/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately the best price at the moment would be the web listed price.[/font]
    [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They do include our 6 year guarantee free of charge and I could also offer free shipping.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Inviere

Many thanks. May I ask the warranty situation with regard stuck/dead pixels? The reason I'm buying a new tv is because I'm returning a tv to Amazon that I bought in 2016, which has developed a single dead pixel. They accepted the return hassle free, so I was wondering what the situation is with RicherSounds in that regard?

Many thanks. May I ask the warranty situation with regard stuck/dead pixels? The reason I'm buying a new tv is because I'm returning a tv to Amazon that I bought in 2016, which has developed a single dead pixel. They accepted the return hassle free, so I was wondering what the situation is with RicherSounds in that regard?
    Hi Inviere.

It seems very good of Amazon to take the TV back even outside of the standard one year manufacturers warranty.

Our normal policy would be a replacement within 30 days should there be any issues.
    Outside of 30 days in would be a repair but we are a little flexible on this.

With our 6 year guarantee it extends on the normal one year warranty and again outside of the 1st year it would be sent for a repair to the manufacturers agent who would then decide if its repaired or replaced.

Our full t&C's can be read here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Thanks a mill Kenny, how may I go about hitting the button on it & getting the free delivery?

Thanks a mill Kenny, how may I go about hitting the button on it & getting the free delivery?
    Hey Inviere.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can give you call.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, pm sent :)
    Cheers Inviere :D

Soo, tv arrived today - nice speedy delivery. One problem, it's not the tv I ordered. What arrived was the 49UJ630V, what I bought and paid for however, was the 49UJ670V. Colour me not happy at all.

Box and packaging refer to the 630V

IMG_20180403_104322.jpg

TV itself is a 630V

IMG_20180403_104333.jpg

Order says it should be the 670V

IMG_20180403_104522.jpg

Please advise...

Soo, tv arrived today - nice speedy delivery. One problem, it's not the tv I ordered. What arrived was the 49UJ630V, what I bought and paid for however, was the 49UJ670V. Colour me not happy at all.

Box and packaging refer to the 630V

IMG_20180403_104322.jpg

TV itself is a 630V

IMG_20180403_104333.jpg

Order says it should be the 670V

IMG_20180403_104522.jpg

Please advise...
    Hi Inviere,

I do apologise for the mix up here, it appears our warehouse has sent you the wrong television. I will resend the correct model today, it should be with you either tomorrow or Thursday. If you could have the 630 model packed up and ready to go I will have that collected from you when the new one arrives.

Apologies again for the inconvenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, the wrong one here will be left in its box & ready to go. Will I get tracking information for the correct order, as I'll need to arrange someone to be here

• Advertisement

Thanks David, the wrong one here will be left in its box & ready to go. Will I get tracking information for the correct order, as I'll need to arrange someone to be here
    Hi Inviere,

You will indeed, our courier will text you with a tracking number and an estimated delivery time. If you haven't heard anything please let me know and I'll get one to you this afternoon.

Kind regards

David

Hi Inviere,

You will indeed, our courier will text you with a tracking number and an estimated delivery time. If you haven't heard anything please let me know and I'll get one to you this afternoon.

Kind regards

David
    Nothing as of yet David, cheers

Hi Inviere,

Kind regards

David
    Nothing as of yet David, cheers
    Hi Inverie, PM with tracking number sent.

670 arrived today, nice turnaround time, happy customer :) Thanks chaps!

That's fantastic news, thanks for letting us know Inviere!

Me again, one week later :) The TV has just now developed a fault, in that one vertical line of pixels is stuck/not working. See pic below, which illustrates:

IMG_20180411_181954.jpg

With the wrong TV being delivered originally, and now this fault, the experience thus far has been a little deflating. What's the situation now regards having this most recent issue resolved?

Hi Inviere.

Sorry to see that your new TV has developed a fault.

Again we do apologies again for the original mix up in the wrong TV getting dispatched.

I have a few options for you:

We can send out a replacement and get the faulty unit collected.
    We can get the TV collected and issue a full refund.
    Or you can change to a different product and pay any difference in price of upgrade.

The TV you have will need re-boxed with ALL accessories, screws, stand etc....

Let me know your thoughts and we can go about sorting this out.

Again apologies.

Just coming back to this to say thanks to RS for resolving the issue. In the end, I chose to upgrade to the 49SJ800V & RS were on point with my options. Thanks again folks!

Just coming back to this to say thanks to RS for resolving the issue. In the end, I chose to upgrade to the 49SJ800V & RS were on point with my options. Thanks again folks!
    Thank you very much for the kind words, glad that you are up and running and enjoying the new TV.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.