Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British patrol boats

Options
  • 28-03-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I noticed on the Marine Traffic site three British 20M patrol boats off the Waterford coast. HMS Biter, HMS Charger & HMS Pursuer. These three were in the same area yesterday heading in the opposite direction. Anyone know what's going on ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I noticed on the Marine Traffic site three British 20M patrol boats off the Waterford coast. HMS Biter, HMS Charger & HMS Pursuer. These three were in the same area yesterday heading in the opposite direction. Anyone know what's going on ?
    All of the above are also used as training vessels by the Royal Navy Reserve and most likely are doing just that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They were in Bangor and Dublin recently too. I have seen them in Dun Laoghaire either last year or the year before. The boats are similar to our Customs boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

I assumed it might be something like that, I see they're in Waterford at the moment. Probably tied up for a pint of the black stuff and a few blaas. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

I assumed it might be something like that, I see they're in Waterford at the moment. Probably tied up for a pint of the black stuff and a few blaas. :):)

Large bottles, boy, not pints!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I saw our custom boats tied up in Kinsale at the weekend,,,,,where they seem to be all the time,;ie; not moveing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Funding and manpower issues I believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Advertisement