Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem problem

Options
  • 28-03-2018 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Hi, we haven’t been able to connect to the internet for a few days. We received a new modem this morning - no luck. The DSL light is on, the Wifi light is flashing, the internet light is not lit. It’s all connected as it should be. I’ve tried the reset button and plugging out and in. No internet on PC or smartphones. Online chat were zero help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Hi, we haven’t been able to connect to the internet for a few days. We received a new modem this morning - no luck. The DSL light is on, the Wifi light is flashing, the internet light is not lit. It’s all connected as it should be. I’ve tried the reset button and plugging out and in. No internet on PC or smartphones. Online chat were zero help.
    Hi _Dara_

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

Have you tried contacting our support team on 1890 260 260? They can troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I chatted to someone online and a fault was found on our line. An engineer is going to be sent out. But I'm a bit concerned about something. We'll be charged if the fault is found within our property. I'd like more information on this. We don't have any pets who could have caused and haven't done any building work or anything recently. What damage could there be that would be our fault? It seems that even if within our boundaries, the fault might not be ours. It's a little vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

I chatted to someone online and a fault was found on our line. An engineer is going to be sent out. But I'm a bit concerned about something. We'll be charged if the fault is found within our property. I'd like more information on this. We don't have any pets who could have caused and haven't done any building work or anything recently. What damage could there be that would be our fault? It seems that even if within our boundaries, the fault might not be ours. It's a little vague.
    Its fairly rare that a fault is on the customers side, do you have mutiple phones points in the house? If so make sure the box is conneced to the main point(usaly the hall)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Its fairly rare that a fault is on the customers side, do you have mutiple phones points in the house? If so make sure the box is conneced to the main point(usaly the hall)
    Our main point seems to be by the telly. There is something in the hall but the double port for phone and internet is by the TV. There's one in the bedroom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Our main point seems to be by the telly. There is something in the hall but the double port for phone and internet is by the TV. There's one in the bedroom too.
    So the hall would most likly be the main point, the TV/Phone point in the sitting room was probably put in by the builder. Try it in the hall see if it works, if it doesnt then i dont see the issue being on your side

• Advertisement
Advertisement