Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Q card in old Sky box

• 28-03-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Hi folks! Very quick question....

We have an old (10-12yrs approx.) Sky box in our family holiday home in Donegal for watching FTA channels, which works grand. If I bring my Sky Q viewing card from home up and stick it in will it work, ie will I have access to my paid channels?

The forecast isn't great and there's only so much Monopoly you can play :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No, Im fairly sure that the cards cant be moved between different types of boxes. Maybe Sky Go might be of use to you or download content for viewing on a different device if thats possible. I dont have Sky Q so cant truthfully comment on its full range of features but I think an internet connection is required.

Someone else might be able to help you here or alternatively the Sky Reps over in their talk to forum would give you a definitive answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Cheers, thanks. Sky Go may have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭stephend2000

Not sure about Sky Q but normal sky cards can be swapped as long as you pair it to the box. This can be done online or by pressing the ok button when asked on the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Sorry about the auld thread :o but I'm considering switching to SkyQ. They rang offering a new SkyQ 1TB box.
    Can I use the new card in the old Sky+HD box ? eg. if there's an issue with the new box or to watch old recordings ? I've seen the following mentioned on forums : "cards are not locked-in to a certain box" and "you'll need a hybrid LNB"
    Anyone any experience of this set-up ?

Advertisement