Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated customer

Options
  • 28-03-2018 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi all...I placed an order recently, with a well known toy shop in Ireland, for a gift for my sisters newborn (€150). I live overseas so the ordering process was difficult and they cancelled my order 5 times before it eventually worked. I then received a confirmation email and a separate email to say that the item was shipped and that I could track it. The gift arrived this week and to my utter astonishment they made my sister pay for it on delivery!!! They also told her that my card was declined! I am seriously annoyed that she even had to pay for it but isn't it a breach of privacy for them to tell her that my credit card had been declined?!! She was that shocked that she gave them the cash so it's not like I can tell them where to go...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If they cancelled your order 5 times, why did you keep going? It probably triggered fraud checks. Was your card finally charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

After 3 attempts your payment provider probably blocked them anyways. Keeping trying was silly.

This is basic anti-fraud behaviour: Billing Address Boston, Delivery Address Dublin + Card Not Present transaction = Stolen card.

Use paypal to avoid this kinda stuff in future.

Advertisement