Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screed costs

Options
  • 28-03-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Want to get an idea of how much it will cost to screed a Steeltech shed, its sitting on a concrete base and id like to put a DPC down and screed over it. Size 3 meters X 3 Meters X 40mm deep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

I would also be very interested to know this. Most of the other posts on this are several years old at this stage. I am looking to have a unbonded sand & cement screed or similar of ~60mm deep with a DPM laid underneath for a smallish area of 13 m2.

Do screed contractors do jobs this small or would you have to rely on a local builder?
    If anybody has any recommendations I would be very grateful if you could PM their details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oxo121

Guy in Laois does floor Screeding, sand and cement semi dry.Done a job for a cousin of mine about 16sq meters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

It will probably cost around €400 plus materials

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

40mm of concrete is to shallow,it will crack and break up over time,the more concrete in it the better,very minimum of 60mm is what should be put into it.
    3 3x2
    3 2x1
    To build it up to sufficient concrete screed
    Roll of heavy duty polythene plastic sheeting
    Half tone bag of sand
    5 bags of cement
    Materials should be about €80
    Labour half day about €70-€80

Advertisement