Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

They have changed managers.

Maybe Dusty wasnt that bad after all. Looks like they have gone backwards since his departure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

25-4. WTF...??

Worst loss in franchise history. Consider what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

25-4. WTF...??

Let us never speak of this again😭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ShyMets wrote: »
    Let us never speak of this again😭

Until it happens the next time......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Let us never speak of this again��

Way to spark a team that needs sparking? Talk about trading your star player, as it would mean a break down of the entire squad.

Momentum needed now.

• Advertisement

Way to spark a team that needs sparking? Talk about trading your star player, as it would mean a break down of the entire squad.

Momentum needed now.

I thought the Scherzer led team meeting a few weeks back was the spark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I thought the Scherzer led team meeting a few weeks back was the spark?

Didnt spark anything though did it?

Yesterday was definitely the performance of a team out to prove a point last night.

Murphy, Zimm, Harper, Soto and Turner ... all led by example.

One of the shortest journeys made after a trade probably.....

https://twitter.com/Dbacks/status/1024445238566244352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Seriously what is up with Sonny Gray, the guy just can't do it, especially at Yankee stadium.

And then he grins as he is being taken out of the game, I know it was probably at the boos he was getting, but seriously getting on my nerves now :mad:

Some lazy plays by Torres as well yesterday, some players thinking it was a handy game against the O's, which it should really have been

Some lazy plays by Torres as well yesterday, some players thinking it was a handy game against the O's, which it should really have been

Getaway games can be sometimes like that.

• Advertisement

Im heading over last week of Sept, Yankees are not playing at Home but the Mets are, as you are a Mets man would you recommend a trip to Citi field?

Im heading over last week of Sept, Yankees are not playing at Home but the Mets are, as you are a Mets man would you recommend a trip to Citi field?

Oh yeah, it's a fine place to see a game. And you won't have any trouble getting good tickets.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it's a fine place to see a game. And you won't have any trouble getting good tickets.

Really good place to see a game and wont rip you off like Yankee stadium.

Will get to see a divisional game too in September so the Braves/Phillies or Marlins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭circular flexing

One of the shortest journeys made after a trade probably.....

https://twitter.com/Dbacks/status/1024445238566244352

Nick Vincent was traded from Padres to Mariners during spring training and they share the facility for spring training.

Ichiro was traded from Mariners to Yankees when the Yankees were at Safeco. If I recall it was in the middle of the series and he played one game at LF for Yankees during that series.

The Mesoraco/Harvey trade between the Mets/Reds earlier this year was like that too as they were playing a series at the time.

Harvey was recovering in California at the time so it didn’t affect him but the trade went down about an hour before first pitch and Mesoraco had been named in the starting lineup for that night’s game for the Reds.

So he had to run in and move to the other locker room and someone in the Reds club shop had to stitch his name/number onto the back of a spare Mets jersey.

He came in and pitch hit late in the game too. Must be weird playing against guys who were your mates for years.

Really good place to see a game and wont rip you off like Yankee stadium.

Will get to see a divisional game too in September so the Braves/Phillies or Marlins.

Pity there’ll be no one at it. Citified is going to be like a ghost town for the rest of the season. And they don’t even have the Tebow circus cash cow to rely on anymore.

Let us never speak of this again��

Momentum needed now.

Strong bit of leadership shown by management the past couple of days.

Kintzler trades to the Cubs as apparently he was the rat leaking the internal bickering to the media and Kelley DFAd for throwing his glove in anger after giving up a HR in the Mets rout on Tuesday.

That’ll spark a team better than any player only meeting or one beat down game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Lynn taking Grays spot in the Yankee rotation.. Gray is off to the pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I see the Mariners have lost the first 3 of 4 against the Jays, in Seattle, in front of, it must be said, seemingly more Toronto fans than Seattle. The Jays will be going for the 4 game sweep tonite. Can't be good for Seattle's WC hopes. I can't say as I've been overly impressed by them.

mod9maple wrote: »
    I see the Mariners have lost the first 3 of 4 against the Jays, in Seattle, in front of, it must be said, seemingly more Toronto fans than Seattle. The Jays will be going for the 4 game sweep tonite. Can't be good for Seattle's WC hopes. I can't say as I've been overly impressed by them.

Every team hits a glitch at some stage during the season and maybe this is Seattle's?

Although even when they were winning, their run differential was negative I think and they were winning nearly every one run game they were in so maybe that's catching up with them as the law of averages says it would.

• Advertisement

Wednesday double-header Mets/Phillies, game 1 (around 5p.m. Ireland time I think), will be on Facebook only. As I recall the game earlier this year was fairly painful to watch, bad announcing and odd angles/follow-ups, etc. Maybe better this time. And, it's free to watch.

Wednesday double-header Mets/Phillies, game 1 (around 5p.m. Ireland time I think), will be on Facebook only. As I recall the game earlier this year was fairly painful to watch, bad announcing and odd angles/follow-ups, etc. Maybe better this time. And, it's free to watch.

I couldn't watch the last one as I don't have a Facebook account. As you can imagine, I'm won't be crying too much to have to miss this one. JdG is pitching so you know the Mets won't score any runs!

I know they get the biggest ratings but is it automatic that every Yankees/Red Sox series is on SNB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I know they get the biggest ratings but is it automatic that every Yankees/Red Sox series is on SNB?
    Pretty much...if a World Series rematch can't trump it then nothing will!

mod9maple wrote: »

Yeah I was there on Saturday (as a Mariners fan) and it was really weird. Easy to see how it got into the Mariners players heads as Blue Jays fans were definitely the loudest and most enthusiastic fans I've seen at a baseball game (to be fair, it's probably the only time most of them from Vancouver get a chance to see Blue Jays). Probably strange for Blue Jays players too.

Mariners are definitely in freefall now, looks like they are about to lose 2 out of 3 against Rangers, offense has really struggled and now starting pitching is about to become an issue. Hernandez is probably done as a starter (he gave up 11 runs last night). A real shame.

This probably needs some Benny Hill music added to it. Your classic bunt Home Run!

Yeah I was there on Saturday (as a Mariners fan) and it was really weird. Easy to see how it got into the Mariners players heads as Blue Jays fans were definitely the loudest and most enthusiastic fans I've seen at a baseball game (to be fair, it's probably the only time most of them from Vancouver get a chance to see Blue Jays). Probably strange for Blue Jays players too.

Mariners are definitely in freefall now, looks like they are about to lose 2 out of 3 against Rangers, offense has really struggled and now starting pitching is about to become an issue. Hernandez is probably done as a starter (he gave up 11 runs last night). A real shame.

Robinson Cano's back next week, maybe he can give the side a boost?

(I know he can't help the pitching but at this stage, you need to look for any where for a bit of inspiration)

Robinson Cano's back next week, maybe he can give the side a boost?

(I know he can't help the pitching but at this stage, you need to look for any where for a bit of inspiration)

I think it's too late now - maybe a couple of weeks ago might have helped but even then I'm not sure. He'll probably play first base which will deftinitely be an upgrade on Ryon Healy who has an OBP of .271 (that's not a batting average)

• Advertisement

I think it's too late now - maybe a couple of weeks ago might have helped but even then I'm not sure. He'll probably play first base which will deftinitely be an upgrade on Ryon Healy who has an OBP of .271 (that's not a batting average)

Sad to see King Felix having to go to the pen. I know it had to happen but never good when a legend gets demoted.

Sad to see King Felix having to go to the pen. I know it had to happen but never good when a legend gets demoted.

Yeah no doubt. I'm not even sure he will be used out of the pen and I would expect him back as a starter at some stage this year or next year. Next year is the last full year of his contract (2020 is club option).

In other news, after losing 2 of 3 to Rangers, Mariners got 6 ER against Verlander in 2 innings including hitting a reverse cycle in the 1st inning. Baseball is a funny sport sometimes.

Philadelphia just claimed Justin Bour off waivers and worked out a deal with Miami. Good pick up!

What a throw!

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1028495760176771072

Not a bad catch in the first place either.

After the meltdown vs. Blue Jays and Rangers, Mariners went and swept the Astros in Houston. Diaz came out and saved all 4 games. He now has 46 saves and needs 16 saves in the last 44 games to tie the single season record (17 to break it).

Hard to argue against Red Sox as the best team right now, Astros/Yankees have gone off the boil and I don't think there's anyone in the NL who is showing the same consistency as Red Sox.

After the meltdown vs. Blue Jays and Rangers, Mariners went and swept the Astros in Houston. Diaz came out and saved all 4 games. He now has 46 saves and needs 16 saves in the last 44 games to tie the single season record (17 to break it).

Hard to argue against Red Sox as the best team right now, Astros/Yankees have gone off the boil and I don't think there's anyone in the NL who is showing the same consistency as Red Sox.

Crazy last few innings to yesterday’s game that I just tuned into in the 8th.

• Advertisement

What a throw!

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1028495760176771072

Not a bad catch in the first place either.

Unreal throw, and he was only called up not to long ago I heard :eek:

Make up of the rained out game of Yankees v Mets tonight at 00:05 our time. Its on ESPN in the US so not sure if on ESPN here, if not there is always MLB TV :)

deGrom v Severino

deGrom v Severino

Can’t ask for a better pitching match up than that. Now watch it be a slug fest.

Can’t ask for a better pitching match up than that. Now watch it be a slug fest.

:D:D:D

Make up of the rained out game of Yankees v Mets tonight at 00:05 our time. Its on ESPN in the US so not sure if on ESPN here, if not there is always MLB TV :)

deGrom v Severino

reddit.com/mlbstreams :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You called it, Jack. Mets hit 5 hrs first time this season. 15 hits in the game, nice. Oh, CC Sabathia's apparently going on the DL for a knee inflammation, I guess being overweight really doesn't help.

Robinson Cano is back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

The mariners need him too ,before the all star break I was sure they would make the postseason now im not so sure Oakland just wont go away.

The mariners need him too ,before the all star break I was sure they would make the postseason now im not so sure Oakland just wont go away.

Totally agreed. He's playing 1st base, batting 2nd tonight. First time in his career (minor and major) that he has played 1st base.

Turns out I'll be in Boston for the last weekend of the season when Red Sox are at home against Yankees. Pity the series will likely be meaningless for Red Sox.

Turns out I'll be in Boston for the last weekend of the season when Red Sox are at home against Yankees. Pity the series will likely be meaningless for Red Sox.

Yankees might be fighting for something and I'm sure Boston would love to annoy them so they mightn't lay down fully. I'd definitely go if I was you.

Mets/Phillies only on Facebook so I've resorted to listening to the radio feed which I've rarely done but I must say it's quite an enjoyable way to follow the game. I suppose it depends on the broadcasters but these guys are pleasant to listen to.

Pity the game itself is a farce though. It's a first of a double header and the Phillies gave up 10 unearned runs early on so to save their bullpen for game 2, they started using position players to pitch in the 7th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement