Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits issues in interview process.

Options
  • 28-03-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Alright, so I currently have a job offer for a large multinational IT company based in Dublin. During the interview process (Phone screening) I was told that my health/medical insurance would be covered by the company as part to cover the lower than industry standard salary being provided.

I went through the interview process etc. and was offered the job. During the setup process, Upon querying the contract (Which I haven't signed yet) and benefits section on their site, I've now been told that my job doesn't come with health/medical insurance and it must have been a "misunderstanding", which I can assure you it wasn't, considering I asked them to confirm the coverage on the phone.

The benefits section states that the company covers health insurance "to all Ireland employees on standard terms and conditions". I've not been notified of any specific set of terms and conditions outside of my contract and what is stated so far. Is there anything I can do about being misled during the interview process or is it a case of decline the offer and move onto something else?

Advertisement