Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Claim Question

• 28-03-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

About a year and a bit ago, a guy tipped the back of my car. No damage done, bar a scratch, and he was driving a truck, so it was very minor. Guards called, no injuries etc, so sort it out yourselves.

Anyways, he filed a claim against me, and when my insurance company wouldn't pay after assessment etc, he has filed a Personal Injury claim with all sorts of nonsense. Anyways, the result on me for now is that my premium has gone up by about 120%, as I've lost my max No Claims Bonus.

My question is that if/when this eventually gets settled, and if it gets settled in my favour, do I get my No Claims back, and if so, do I get reimbursed for the penalty while there was a claim (which the insurance company do believe is fraudulent) pending.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Yes. Once your insurers recoup their outlay from the third party insurers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

chrislad wrote: »
    and he was driving a truck, so it was very minor.

Non sequiter?
    (it does not follow)

Surely if you were rear-ended by a truck, there would have been more damage that what a car would have done to you?

Advertisement