Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVR Price reduction from 29th March

• 28-03-2018 5:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭

According to Sony the RRP of PSVR will come down by €100 in Europe from tomorrow. I’m tempted now to pick one up.

Anyone seen it on sale yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

300 quid for the starter bundle in Argos, I think that is 100 quid off RRP of 400?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7606160/Trail/searchtext%3EPSVR.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good deal there if you get the special offer with the move controllers.
    Smyths have them anyway. I need a new PC so I wont be getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

300 quid for the starter bundle in Argos, I think that is 100 quid off RRP of 400?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7606160/Trail/searchtext%3EPSVR.htm

It's the new RRP.

Hold off for a better bundle with an additional game maybe? Or is that likely as good as it gets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Probably as good as it will get until maybe a Summer sale. Was in GameStop a while ago, still €400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

So tempted by PSVR but the motion sickness would kill me. I'd be on the floor in a heap :(

Hopefully anyone who gets one from these deals enjoys it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    So tempted by PSVR but the motion sickness would kill me. I'd be on the floor in a heap :(

Yeah the possibility of motion sickness coupled with wearing glasses (which would likely have to be closer to my eyes to fit the headset on and make the possibility of motion sickness even worse) is putting me off even though I'm really on the fence. Might still leave it for a while and see if any big VR games are announced at E3 that might tip me over the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Nyum Nyum wrote: »

Have you tried it yet? I was reluctant to buy the psvr because I was scared it would be a waste of money if I got motion sickness from it, but I took the plunge and got it and have only felt motion sickness from star blood arena (played for like 10 mins and felt really sick for hours after)
    But I can play loads of other games problem free, if you haven't tried vr I would really recommend it, even buy a used one if you fell sick from it sell it and you will have lost nearly nothing

The real pity is Sony should set up psvr demos in game stores I think the fear of motion sickness holds a lot of people back (it did for me for a good year)

Edit: you could probably just buy on amazon and return it within 30 days if the sickness is too much I think amazon are pretty chill about returns

Advertisement