Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap Connector / Hose End - is my garden tap special?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Guys,

Few months ago a did a house renovation. A plumber put a tap at the back of my house in the garden.
    Now I got a new hose and there's no way I can attach a hose end to the tap. After searching around for a while I have a feeling that this tap is just not suitable for hose but I'm not sure.

Here is a photo of the tap:

and my hose end:

Is there a way to get a hose end/tap connector which will fit my garden tap? It's really hard to think that that plumber put something quite unusable in 2017 :) There must be a solution!

Cheers,
    Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 czechooo

Ok I can't post photos cause I'm a "new user" ... so no idea how I can explain to yis what's the problem. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

czechooo wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Few months ago a did a house renovation. A plumber put a tap at the back of my house in the garden.
    Now I got a new hose and there's no way I can attach a hose end to the tap. After searching around for a while I have a feeling that this tap is just not suitable for hose but I'm not sure.

Here is a photo of the tap:

and my hose end:

Is there a way to get a hose end/tap connector which will fit my garden tap? It's really hard to think that that plumber put something quite unusable in 2017 :) There must be a solution!

Cheers,
    Greg

I cant see any photos

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Does the tap have a hosetail or any type of thread? Could be a simple solution as a new adaptor etc

Edit: can you pm me the photos?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is this your tap

If so you need one of these

Unfortunately not, mine doesn't have any thread.

• Advertisement

Mike3549 wrote: »
    Does the tap have a hosetail or any type of thread? Could be a simple solution as a new adaptor etc

Edit: can you pm me the photos?

Sent you photos through pm. Looks like it has some kind of tail but not a thread type.

Thanks Ten Pin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just unscrew the connector from the bottom of the tap. This will reveal the thread and you can screw on the yellow fitting from the hose
    brass-hose-tails-barbed-fish-end-for-1-2-garden-tap.-3-4-bsp-screw-fitting.-1080-p.jpg

Just unscrew the connector from the bottom of the tap. This will reveal the thread and you can screw on the yellow fitting from the hose
    brass-hose-tails-barbed-fish-end-for-1-2-garden-tap.-3-4-bsp-screw-fitting.-1080-p.jpg

Thanks Ten Pin and Mike3549! Yeah I didn't see there as actually a connector attached to the thread end of the tap. Took it off, attached the hose and it works nicely.

Thanks again!

Advertisement