Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with repeated threatening PM's by same person under different accounts?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

A user recently posted in a thread and did not like the responses that he got.

He then started sending PM's claiming racial profiling and that he is getting discriminated against because he is American.

He then was banned.

He then opened another account under a different user account and again started PM's and got banned again.

He now again opened another account and send a "Cease and Desist Threats" PM which seem to have him earned a swift ban.

The PM was also deleted by boards as it is no longer in my history.

However I am really allergic to this kind of behavior, so what is boards advise how to deal with this, there is no question, that this user is going to create another account and continue.

I'm thinking of walking down to the Legat's office and file a complaint.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'm thinking of walking down to the Legat's office and file a complaint.

What :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is the ”Legat”?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Short for legal attaché offices, local FBI resident in an embassy.

The quickest way to deal with cross-border issues, faster than the IC3 (internet crime complaint center) where you can log issues online. Especially as the IC3 is more focused on financial crime than on harassment or computer investigations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Short for legal attaché offices, local FBI resident in an embassy.

The quickest way to deal with cross-border issues, faster than the IC3 (internet crime complaint center) where you can log issues online. Especially as the IC3 is more focused on financial crime than on harassment or computer investigations.

Are you serious?

How can you even prove the person is American?

Advertisement