Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Dumping

Options
  • 28-03-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have see it all now. We have a small green opposite our house and last night a man wlked along the green with his trolley att 1am and threw his bags of rubbish over the fence (iron fence so visible from both sides). Cn anything be done about this? Is this what we have to face now with the bim charges imcrease. Wouldnt mind but the man lives on the estate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Report it to the local council litter warden.
    They take an extremely dim view of this behavior and are keen to fine anyone they catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Report it to the local council litter warden.
    They take an extremely dim view of this behavior and are keen to fine anyone they catch.

I put it up on the county council report dumping page - i must check and see if there is a way to contact the warden directly. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Any time you see it, film it.

I dont recommend approaching anyone, but I have done myself much to the irritation of my missus. Im a big fella so a couple of people have cr@pped themselves.

Im sick and tired of it, the place is a kip with it going on, and it will only get worse with charges being brought in for recycling bins, mainly cos the same shytehawks are abusing them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/environment/waste-and-recycling/litter-and-domestic-waste/

You can phone 1800 2010 93 or email environment@fingal.ie for advice.
    There is a long form that they may ask you to complete:
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/Illegal%20Dumping%20and%20Pollution%20Complaint%20Form.pdf

I've reported littering from cars for years (easily 100 reports). I've been a witness in court 3 times. That part is inconvenient but there's never been any contact or hassle from the other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I found the council useless tbh. We had a major issue last year with fly tipping and despite numerous appeals they did nothing. In the end I contacted my local TD and it was sorted within days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Along the liffey beyond strawberry beds, theres been aload of bags dumped this week, absolute scunbags doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Along the liffey beyond strawberry beds, theres been aload of bags dumped this week, absolute scunbags doing this

Noticed this. Absolute scum doing it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

canihave wrote: »
    I have see it all now. We have a small green opposite our house and last night a man wlked along the green with his trolley att 1am and threw his bags of rubbish over the fence (iron fence so visible from both sides). Cn anything be done about this? Is this what we have to face now with the bim charges imcrease. Wouldnt mind but the man lives on the estate.

Since you know of the "man" report him, hopefully they'll then find evidence in his rubbish to link it back to him and fine him appropriately. Civic minded people are paying for scum like that via LPT and other taxes so help justice get served on him.
    Haven't witness fly tipping in person to report but would love to catch the culprit(s) who keep dumping bags of rubbish in the ditch on the Carpenters Road opposite Castleknock College. Such gawl to dump on a busy road in plain view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I've reported littering to the litter warden in the past and to be fair they reacted quickly and took the waste away. They go through the rubbish for anything with names and address on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

eviltwin wrote: »
    I found the council useless tbh. We had a major issue last year with fly tipping and despite numerous appeals they did nothing. In the end I contacted my local TD and it was sorted within days.

I've the same experience. But sure when you have a council who is using an empty property as storage (in a housing crisis) for their own rubbish you'll get that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Irish times have a campaign going - if anyone sees dumping anywhere and are not sure the correct coco to inform directly - it might be worth sending them a photo-

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/illegal-dumping

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Fair play OP. Glad to see people who want to be part of the solution. I would be interested to see what success you have with the council. My experience hasn't been great when I've pointed out totally persistent local dumping in D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

boombang wrote: »
    Fair play OP. Glad to see people who want to be part of the solution. I would be interested to see what success you have with the council. My experience hasn't been great when I've pointed out totally persistent local dumping in D2.

We were offered litter pickers and bags which we gladly accepted - every few weeks during the summer we have a cleanup - and Fingal come by after to pickup the filled bags.

There was an official offer a few weeks ago mentioned of this on the radio - but I cannot remember the contact details sorry.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Wish they'd take people letting their dogs **** all over the place as seriously. Walking from Hartstown to Clonsilla train station every day is running a guantlet, especially in the winter months when it's not always easy to spot it.

Advertisement