Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for an Unlock Code

Options
  • 29-03-2018 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I used the eir website's webchat to request a phone unlock code on the 14th and was told it would be sent to me within 10 days. It's been 15 days now and I haven't heard anything back. I've just moved over to Australia and I'm trying to get accounts and bills set up. If you could give me any help, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Brian-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi there,
    I used the eir website's webchat to request a phone unlock code on the 14th and was told it would be sent to me within 10 days. It's been 15 days now and I haven't heard anything back. I've just moved over to Australia and I'm trying to get accounts and bills set up. If you could give me any help, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Brian-
    Hi An Cuinneach ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

If you could also include the IMEI & make and model of the handset to speed up the process.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

Hey there,
    So I still haven't heard anything back from the original request which was made on 14th of March (ref: 2907114, via eir.ie webchat).
    Has that just been cancelled or is it not being followed up on?
    I haven't heard anything back from the second request either - I was told to wait a similar time frame but I'm not expecting a reply from that either at this stage. 
    If I'd have just been told a month ago that there's nothing you can do, I would have just bought a new phone over here. Is there anything that can actually be done for me?
    Brian-

Hey there,
    So I still haven't heard anything back from the original request which was made on 14th of March (ref: 2907114, via eir.ie webchat).
    Has that just been cancelled or is it not being followed up on?
    I haven't heard anything back from the second request either - I was told to wait a similar time frame but I'm not expecting a reply from that either at this stage. 
    If I'd have just been told a month ago that there's nothing you can do, I would have just bought a new phone over here. Is there anything that can actually be done for me?
    Brian-
    Hi An Cuinneach,

This request has been escalated by myself to the Manufacturer requesting the unlock code on the 29th of March. They have updated my and advised they will be in contact within 10 working days.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
    It's now the 17th of April and still no response.
    What do you advise to do next?
    Thanks
    Brian-

Hello any Eir representative,
    It's now the 20th of April and still no response.
    It seems my fears about the second request not being followed up were right.
    The initial request was started on the 14th of March - 27 working days ago.
    Thanks
    Brian-

• Advertisement

Hello any Eir representative,
    It's now the 20th of April and still no response.
    It seems my fears about the second request not being followed up were right.
    The initial request was started on the 14th of March - 27 working days ago.
    Thanks
    Brian-
    Hi An Cuinneach

I can assure that when you initially came in contact I requested the unlock code.

I have escalated this for you and I will let you know as soon as our administration team come back in contact.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
    The problem may very well be on Samsung's end, it's just frustrating having to wait this long. I've been holding off buying a new phone or the guts of a month at this stage. 
    Thanks for your help.
    Brian.

Hi Thomas,
    The problem may very well be on Samsung's end, it's just frustrating having to wait this long. I've been holding off buying a new phone or the guts of a month at this stage. 
    Thanks for your help.
    Brian.
    Hi An Cuinneach,

I have sent you the unlock code in a PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Brilliant. Issue finally dealt with. Thanks for the help!

Brilliant. Issue finally dealt with. Thanks for the help!
    I'm glad it's been resolved. No problem.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement