Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energy supplier recommendations/avoidance?

Options
  • 29-03-2018 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

We've just bought our first house and have used bonkers.ie to get an idea of who would be the cheapest energy supplier for combined electricity and gas.

Panda Power coming up first, I read on boards.ie that they're a nightmare to deal with though.

Level Pay with others seems cheapest but I hate the idea of facing a bill for underpayment at the end of the year so want to avoid this option regardless of suppliers and just pay for usage.

Is there anything we should be concerned about between Electric Ireland/Energia/Bord Gais?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Cash_Q wrote: »
    We've just bought our first house and have used bonkers.ie to get an idea of who would be the cheapest energy supplier for combined electricity and gas.

Panda Power coming up first, I read on boards.ie that they're a nightmare to deal with though.

Level Pay with others seems cheapest but I hate the idea of facing a bill for underpayment at the end of the year so want to avoid this option regardless of suppliers and just pay for usage.

Is there anything we should be concerned about between Electric Ireland/Energia/Bord Gais?

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the house! You probably won't do better comparison wise than the info bonkers gives but do look out for sign up bonuses - I saw Electric Ireland offering 175 bonus. But I think bonkers takes these into comparison anyway.

If Panda are cheapest then I wouldn't worry about customer service it's the same electricity at the end of the day and how often do you need to talk to an electricity company. Just make sure to submit regular readings on time to keep things as simple as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I've been with Panda Power since the week they started. Never had an issue and what i did like was they called me when the discount period was up and asked if I wanted to agree to another period at same discount.

Suppose it depends on whether you think you need to be calling them for anything - I'm with them 3 years and never have had reason to call them, (even when joining, I simply did it online in 2 min) so can't comment on how good/bad they are from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Congrats on the house! You probably won't do better comparison wise than the info bonkers gives but do look out for sign up bonuses - I saw Electric Ireland offering 175 bonus. But I think bonkers takes these into comparison anyway.

Bonkers exclude the cash back bonus from their calculations. This is clearly stated on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,280 ✭✭✭✭zell12

BordGais for electricity and EI for gas. get 2x€175 cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

BG have not given me any problems, and they were helpful when i needed them to be.

i like the rewards scheme too.

however if you can get those 2 cashbacks - you wont beat that deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What are the cashback offers? We're new customers altogether as we'd been in a house share so no bills in our name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,280 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Advertisement