Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM only "30 days" contract for existing customers - warning

Options
  • 29-03-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was about to add a sim only "30 days" plan to my broadband account. Long story short, the sales rep advised that although the sim only part is trully 30 days and I can exit at any time, by adding this to my account the broadband gets locked into a new 18 months contract.

I am out of contract at the moment.

Can you please clarify?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

gzoladz wrote: »
    Hello,

I was about to add a sim only "30 days" plan to my broadband account. Long story short, the sales rep advised that although the sim only part is trully 30 days and I can exit at any time, by adding this to my account the broadband gets locked into a new 18 months contract.

I am out of contract at the moment.

Can you please clarify?
    Hi gzoladz ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

If you take out a sim only contract it is a strict month to month contract and will not tie you down for a certain number of months.

I would recommend contacting a member of our sales team on 1800 503 303 to explore all options available to you.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks Thomas, they confirmed that if I add it to another existing service, the contract for the other service resets and it starts again... not a big deal, they just should make it more transparent.

Thanks Thomas, they confirmed that if I add it to another existing service, the contract for the other service resets and it starts again... not a big deal, they just should make it more transparent.
    I completely understand. I will be sure to pass all of your feedback on to our development team.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

This happened me also. I have no other services with Eir but my 30 Day Sim only contract does say 18 month contract on it.

Eir refused to send me out confirmation it is 100% 30 day Sim only contract and just said to ignore the 18 month wording!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Poptarts DO NOT ignore the wording. I got told that and naively believed the salesperson that i could bring my current service to a new house. 
    On moving I had massive problems and had to start a new contract despite what i was repeatedly told by the salesperson. DO NOT belive a word they say.
    Whatever is in the contract will be applied.

• Advertisement

I ended up on a new contract as I got a very favourable rate for broadband, and added the mobile (sim only). I found the seller really good and the contract has everything in writting so I am satisfied with that.

Porting though was a bit bumpy and when I queried the issue with the chat support I crashed against the rudeness and incompetency of that crowd... Anyway, it is done now.

I ended up on a new contract as I got a very favourable rate for broadband, and added the mobile (sim only). I found the seller really good and the contract has everything in writting so I am satisfied with that.

Porting though was a bit bumpy and when I queried the issue with the chat support I crashed against the rudeness and incompetency of that crowd... Anyway, it is done now.
    I'm glad to hear your satisfied gzoladz .

Thanks

Thomas

You obviously haven't read the second paragraph ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

I looked into this and avoided it for this reason,it's in the t&cs

It's very sneaky if u just signed up for the cheap broadband deal recently,you'd be stung big-time

I looked into this and avoided it for this reason,it's in the t&cs

It's very sneaky if u just signed up for the cheap broadband deal recently,you'd be stung big-time
    I understand your frustrations at this time.

I will be sure to pass all feedback on to our development team.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

Thanks

Thomas

I'm not frustrated

I avoided the deal

Thanks

Thomas

I'm not frustrated

I avoided the deal
    I understand.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement