Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool is literally a tabletop game, so I think it goes here. Looking for high-end fold

Options
  • 29-03-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

My other half has a milestone birthday coming up and his brother and I have been thinking he'd like a pool table.

Problem is, it can't be a traditional table as it eats up more space than we're ever likely to afford.

I have tried looking for folding tables but all the ones I have found online seem to lack a slate bed, and just have wooden beds, which definitely won't do for my beloved. Apparently the balls won't roll properly on a wooden bed. (Go on, have a snigger!)

Obviously a folding slate bed pool table would be an engineering challenge, given the weight of the slate. But you'd imagine it would be possible if you paid extra.

There's probably millions of pool freaks around the world who want a pool table in their abode but also need to be able to put it away when they're not playing without spending hours dismantling.

It's a milestone birthday and a load of his family are happy to chip in, so we'd be willing to go as high as €1500 or so.

But Google has failed us. We search for folding slate bed pool tables and all we get is folding tables with wooden beds or slate bed tables that won't fold.

His brother swears he's seen this kind of thing, a professional-level folding slate table in a lad's gadget magazine, so he wants to keep hunting. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing being available? It really would be a cracking gift.

Comments

Advertisement