Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Fixed Penalty - Red Light

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I just want to know if the OP has admitted they were the culprit yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

There's No Danger to Motorists from people cycling, because motorists are in a metal box
    This can be refuted by providing evidence of motorists injured by people cycling.

Incorrect

A Couple of years ago my mate was driving and we were waiting for a chance to go at a small t-junction in cabra,lights to the right were red and pedestrians walking across the road, cyclist came flying down the road from the navan road, hit a pedestrian by clipping her foot, he flew over th handlebars about 6 feet and head landed through the glass of my mates window, wallop of the guys head and glass every, he had his helmet on which saved his life but also help smash the window in it enitrity so the glass didnt cut his neck.

My friend needed stiches in his face and we both had glass cuts all over us. Not sure how the cyclists got on after ambulance but he survived and caused serious injuries so its not unheard off, rare of course and needs the stars to line up but still happens

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

he flew over th handlebars about 6 feet and head landed through the glass of my mates window, wallop of the guys head and glass every, he had his helmet on which saved his life but also help smash the window in it enitrity so the glass didnt cut his neck.
    Speculative.

Lumen wrote: »
    Speculative.

Unless he was a member of jackass im pretty sure the helmet saved his life and made sure he didnt have an awful brain injury but hey im not a doctor or head trauma researcher

• Registered Users Posts: 29,068 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

but hey im not a doctor or head trauma researcher

Just like the vast majority of people who make definitive statements about the life-saving effects of bike helmets.

• Advertisement

Just like the vast majority of people who make definitive statements about the life-saving effects of bike helmets.

Shall we do an experiement and get a volunteer to fly head first into a car window without a helmet to see if they live?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Shall we do an experiement and get a volunteer to fly head first into a car window without a helmet to see if they live?:D

AndrewJRenko does seem like someone who wants to prove it definitively either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,068 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If we want to do experiments, we might be better off focusing on effects of head injuries on motorists and passengers, given that the vast majority of head injuries are for motorists, not cyclists.

If we want to do experiments, we might be better off focusing on effects of head injuries on motorists and passengers, given that the vast majority of head injuries are for motorists, not cyclists.

this seems like that whataboutery i read about earlier in the thread.:pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Take the helmet talk to the helmet thread please.

If you're done talking about the original topic, I can lock this up.

• Advertisement

Take the helmet talk to the helmet thread please.

If you're done talking about the original topic, I can lock this up.

Well op in a legal sense it seems slam dunk

You can be charged with a porpelled metal vehicle motoring offense when you were driving a a bycycle, call the office to clear it up, if they dont belive you then show up to court on the day and tell the truth and the judge will ive the guard a telling off for wasting everyones time by not doing their job properly.

They can only hear the case in front of them so the judge cant apply a new fine too you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Wheety wrote: »
    I just want to know if the OP has admitted they were the culprit yet?

My friend said they are offended by this comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

The appeal was processed and the FCN was removed. In the query letter the admittance of the offence was mentioned so my cycling friend will wait to see if there is another 40euro FCN on the way..

Advertisement