Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A thread for Positive discussion on all things Walking Dead (expect spoilers)

• 29-03-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I’m starting a thread here for fans of The Walking Dead who enjoy watching it. :) And please, no tumbleweed jokes. :pac: There are bound to be lots of people who still like it and don’t feel the need to bitch/whinge/nit-pick the show to death all the time. Frankly I’ve stopped reading most of the episode threads because it just seems to be mostly full of people who just want to criticise and complain about the show, comment on why they’re still suffering through it, how it’s not nearly as good as it was when it started, etc etc etc. Enough already! (Yes, welcome to the internet, me.) Look, you can continue to do that, but please let this thread be for those with generally positive things to say. Is that so hard? :)

I for one still enjoy tuning in to The Walking Dead every week. It’s fun, it’s crazy, it’s an escape from reality.

All the above is my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. But please, let’s just have at least one thread that doesn’t get bogged down with negativity, shall we? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,311 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the lack of replies in this thread sums up where this tv show is right now.

200.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

I still like tuning in to it OP,it still keeps me interested for the most part :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

wiz569 wrote: »
    I still like tuning in to it OP,it still keeps me interested for the most part :)

Thanks wiz. I loved the latest episode, the tension in the hilltop house when the infection broke out was great. Had to create a thread after seeing most of the disparaging comments on that particular episode thread, along with most of the rest of them actually. If this thread turns out to be a dud, well I’ll accept it and just continue to watch and enjoy the show without bothering to read discussion threads anymore.

And cheers Bazz, how original. :rolleyes: Did you even read my post? Maybe the low number of replies had something to do with the fact that the thread is just a few hours old. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I still love the show but acknowledge there has been a lot of poor episodes/seasons recently.
    I am desperately clinging to some sign of “hope” for the group that they can build a sustainable life. The helicopter is the most recent sign and hope that this can be developed. I m repeating myself here, but I really hope that there begins some sort of reduction/eradication of the virus. Not necessarily a cure but something like
    A. The dead start actually dying off

Or

B. People who die, stop turning.....

By the way I don’t read the comics so don’t know or want to know if any of the above occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I thought tonight was good, rick and Morgan .. Jadis and negan, Carol and Morgan, rick and michonne, all good. And the chopper...

First time I thought they were right to kill Carl, because now its more difficult questions... What r you living for, what r u doing 'right' for etc....

What would you do when there's really nothing, society or family wise, left....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

There are bound to be lots of people who still like it and don’t feel the need to bitch/whinge/nit-pick the show to death all the time.

I can't help thinking you're missing the point a bit. If people really think a show is a total, irredeemable turkey, they just won't watch it. Example: the series of Sleepy Hollow that appeared a few years ago. As soon as I saw Ichobod Crane in a modern car and not freaking out, and later opening the door himself and letting himself in with practiced ease, I knew it was something I had no interest in. I watched about half of the first episode and never went back to it. I didn't go on to any forums to bitch about it. There was no need to vent, because I had no relationship with the show, so to speak.

TWD is different. Most of us have been with it from the start. We've seen the brilliant and the downright awful, but in the last few seasons the latter appears to be winning out over the former. It's like a relationship going bad, but people would rather see it fixed than just walk away from it. You can dismiss that as the sunk costs fallacy but I don't think it's that - there is a enough to like about TWD to keep people coming back, but the poor execution keeps leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths. They complain about it because when people don't complain, nothing changes. The hope is that enough will trickle through to the makers to have then take some notice. They will surely have noticed the declining ratings. If they are curious to know why, there are plenty of viewer comments to help steer them in the right direction.

I don't think a "positives only" attitude adds anything to this process. If I want a puff-piece about the show I'll watch Talking Dead. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm a fan who likes to moan but in the spirit of the thread I do see an upturn recently.

Last couple of episodes have seemed to remember it's a zombie show. They became a threat again instead of a minor annoyance.

Simon and Dwight are an interesting, watchable pair with potential. Although I feel one of them will be meeting Lucille before this season ends.

The Garbage Patch kids were mown down and ground into a horrible mess. Worst group we've come across. Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

storker wrote: »
    I can't help thinking you're missing the point a bit. If people really think a show is a total, irredeemable turkey, they just won't watch it. Example: the series of Sleepy Hollow that appeared a few years ago. As soon as I saw Ichobod Crane in a modern car and not freaking out, and later opening the door himself and letting himself in with practiced ease, I knew it was something I had no interest in. I watched about half of the first episode and never went back to it. I didn't go on to any forums to bitch about it. There was no need to vent, because I had no relationship with the show, so to speak.

TWD is different. Most of us have been with it from the start. We've seen the brilliant and the downright awful, but in the last few seasons the latter appears to be winning out over the former. It's like a relationship going bad, but people would rather see it fixed than just walk away from it. You can dismiss that as the sunk costs fallacy but I don't think it's that - there is a enough to like about TWD to keep people coming back, but the poor execution keeps leaving a bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouths. They complain about it because when people don't complain, nothing changes. The hope is that enough will trickle through to the makers to have then take some notice. They will surely have noticed the declining ratings. If they are curious to know why, there are plenty of viewer comments to help steer them in the right direction.

I don't think a "positives only" attitude adds anything to this process. If I want a puff-piece about the show I'll watch Talking Dead. :)

I respectfully disagree. :) This thread doesn’t have to be positive-only, I’m merely suggesting having a chat about the show that doesn’t go down the route of “oh this week’s episode was torture”, “i’m done with this show”, blah blah. I feel like there’s enough of that in the individual episode threads. It’s good to be critical but at the same time, just being dreary and negative all the time gets tiresome for some of us, I’m sure. Ratings drop for shows throughout their lifespan, sure maybe they’ve taken a sharper drop in recent seasons of TWD, but I don’t really care about ratings if I’m still enjoying a show, even if it’s not quite as original as it once was. I also believe it’s a little bit naive of people who believe commenting and critisizing will translate to the writers hearing it, taking it on board and changing their approach with their storytelling, etc. In general, we can complain all we like but showrunners and the people behind the show will take it in the direction that they want.

TL/DR we can all think and say what we want, but let’s not take it so seriously either. It’s a show about a group of survivors of a zombie apocalypse, let’s enjoy it for what it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

yea Im looking forward to seeing how this season is gonna end, since Carl died it has thrown it all up in the air. I love the Dwight/Simon story, who'll get caught out and whats Negan gonna do?! I also like Jadis/chopper thing, bit of mystery there too. Im looking forward to next weeks episode and the finale after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Fair play OP, I like a bit of positivity! As someone said above, it would seem a lot of us are only too aware of what's gone wrong with the show. But I refuse to accept that it's done. I still believe it can get back to something approaching its former glories.

With that in mind I came across an interesting article from Erik Kain, the lad who reviews Walking Dead on Forbes. He wrote a piece on how he believes the show can get back on track. He makes some obvious points, nothing that anyone on here hasn't pointed out in the past. But he expands on these issues and you read it and think 'Yes, yes, exactly, yes!'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/03/27/heres-one-way-the-walking-dead-could-solve-all-of-its-biggest-problems/#36c5bbb84973

Btw, he also wrote a not too spoilery preview of the first two episodes of FTWD and he's extremely impressed by it. I thought the first two seasons were very patchy but I stuck with it and I really enjoyed season 3. It seems to have been given a reboot of sorts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MDoo157

Hi, I started late with the show and was watching Season 7 up until recently. I was watching on my Now TV pass. I returned from holiday on Wednesday to start Season 8 but to my annoyance they’ve removed everything bar an episode in Season 3 and Season 8 Eps 8 on.
    My question is:

Is there any legal way I can catch up in Ireland?

I’ve looked it up and there doesn’t seem to be...

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

MDoo157 wrote: »
    Hi, I started late with the show and was watching Season 7 up until recently. I was watching on my Now TV pass. I returned from holiday on Wednesday to start Season 8 but to my annoyance they’ve removed everything bar an episode in Season 3 and Season 8 Eps 8 on.
    My question is:

Is there any legal way I can catch up in Ireland?

I’ve looked it up and there doesn’t seem to be...

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sky box sets have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

What the HELL YOU DOIN' !

I hear Nebraska's nice

Just wanted to post those videos to show how good the show used to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Just wanted to post those videos to show how good the show used to be :)

Reminding people about how the show USED to be good.

Could that be considered negativity?? ;-)

Advertisement