Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overland Africa trip

Options
  • 29-03-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone has any advice or has used Dragoman, Acacia or Intrepid?
    Have seen itineraries i'd like but finding mixed reviews online and not sure which to go with...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I did a trip with Intrepid a few years ago. It was their 'serengeti trail' trip and I loved it.

The overland trucks that Intrepid used were a bit basic but they did the trick. Of the other companies that I saw, Geckos looked like their trucks were the best in terms of layout inside and newness. A lot of the time we were at the same campsites.

The age mix could be important for you - Intrepid seems to have a real age mix - we had people from mid 20s through to their 50s, whereas some of the other companies really target the younger backpacker market. Intrepid are good too for giving you your own time rather than it being filled every minute (although safari is a little different to other types of trips)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

I went with Absolute Africa for 3 months a couple of years ago and loved it. Worked out pretty reasonable compared to other companies. Well organised and great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

I've traveled the South East Explorer with Acacia, incredible trip. Can highly recommend them - our converted truck was way better laid out than some of the others, we would sometimes meet other overlanders at campsites. However this was back in 2010, so I don't know now, but back then they had won loads of awards for best overlanders company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Who did you go with in the end?

Advertisement