Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Town possible Garda station Closure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

More strain on glenties which is already covering from milford to south donegal. madness?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They’re not closing it! They’re on about closing it during night hours and quiet times and keeping the garda that would normally be sat inside doing nothing all night long, out in a patrol car attending calls and patrolling.

It’s ridiculous the way this non story has developed legs and turned into something completely inaccurate and untrue.

It’s about making the best use of limited resources and not about closing the station.

But feel free to waste your time attending a rally to protest about sonegthing that is not actually happening.

It backs up my belief that Facebook should be banned completely. Idiots are able to make up something, create a page and all the sheeple jump on the stupid little band wagon as it passes and drum up a racket about nothing at all.
    retalivity wrote: »
    More strain on glenties which is already covering from milford to south donegal. madness?!

Glenties does not cover from Milford to south Donegal.

Milford cover their own area, dungloe cover their own area. Killybegs and Donegal town covers their own area. Glenties cover their area and assist in other areas if the need arises. Glenties district is gone, glenties is a sub-district of Milford which is open 24hrs.

Again this is the kind of nonsense comments that gets others up in arms. Completely inaccurate information by people who don’t actually know what they’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Firblog

this is the kind of nonsense comments that gets others up in arms. Completely inaccurate information by people who don’t actually know what they’re talking about.

That told yiz.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I didn't beleive it was a full closure either, although would have thought to have it manned at all times. Sometimes people might think its not quite important enough to dial 999, but still might feel the need to talk to their local barracks. What happens in these cases, is either the phone, or the intercom redirected to the nearest patrol car or next station.

Donegal Town, despite its size is still quite a main town in the south of the county, so surely a 24 hour pressence is still needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I didn't beleive it was a full closure either, although would have thought to have it manned at all times. Sometimes people might think its not quite important enough to dial 999, but still might feel the need to talk to their local barracks. What happens in these cases, is either the phone, or the intercom redirected to the nearest patrol car or next station.

Donegal Town, despite its size is still quite a main town in the south of the county, so surely a 24 hour pressence is still needed.
    I think I read alright that it is currently a 24 hour station but while it will most likely remain manned it will be open only to the public for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening...I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement