Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead tetra

Options
  • 29-03-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭

I woke up this morning to find 4 of my Tetra had died, the other two were struggling.

The 5 guppies were up at the surface, and the two angel fish were there usual selves.

I did a test and the PH looked high. would this have killed them. they had split bellies, and one had what looks like a bite out of it. I think that if the Angel fish did it , it was after they had dies.

I noticed that the water was high, maybe they were cooked. I've done a 50% water change and am keeping on eye on it. as maybe the thermostat on the heater has packed in and its permenataly on.

two of the tetras were added last weekend and I noticed one looked bloated.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

If the temp was high they normally hide down the bottom where it's cooler.

Gasping at the surface could be low oxygen or just poor water quality. What size is the tank and did you test for nitrites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s a 54 litre tank. I tested the water and nitrates were ok, ph and kh were higher than normal.

I had changed about 20% water a few days earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

One of the guppies died last night, and another one looks bloated.

I think it may be a case of dropsy

Advertisement