Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Manchester

Options
  • 29-03-2018 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to the UK, Manchester in particular as she has some family there. Just looking for advise as to where we should look at to rent. We know Didsbury, Chorlton and parts of Prestwich are good areas, are they any others? Preferably in the southern areas as she's been offered a job in Wythenshawe.

Also what is the situation with applying for things such as national insurance number and drivers license. I only have an Irish learner so will need a UK license.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AvGeek89 wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I are planning on moving to the UK, Manchester in particular as she has some family there. Just looking for advise as to where we should look at to rent. We know Didsbury, Chorlton and parts of Prestwich are good areas, are they any others? Preferably in the southern areas as she's been offered a job in Wythenshawe.

Also what is the situation with applying for things such as national insurance number and drivers license. I only have an Irish learner so will need a UK license.

Thanks.

This ex-pat site may help

http://www.expatfocus.com/15-top-tips-about-moving-to-the-uk

Give Manchester my...memories!

Advertisement