Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aerlingus - One person not travelling on booking

• 29-03-2018 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice. My mam and sister (13) were booked to travel to Switzerland in June to meet up with me. My mam can now not travel.

My other sister (adult) is also booked on the same flights. (separate booking)

What should we do here ? Do we need to call Aerlingus and let them know that my mam is not travelling. Will it cause grief if we dont ?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Cordell

I would advise to call, probably the initial booking was for an adult and a child, now the adult will be a no show at checkin. Also traveling to a non-EU country. Probably there will be no issues, but call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This post has been deleted.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    There is no need to call, as long as the adult who isn't travelling doesn't check in.

Are we sure it's that simple? Adult and 13 year old on a single booking, adult not now travelling. The booking is not for an unaccompanied child so in theory the kid can't travel without the adult.

I think they should call Aer Lingus and see if they can get the kid moved to the booking of the OP's sister who is travelling but is currently booked on a solo ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

No harm cancelling the seat , you will get taxes back minus an admin fee - will only be €10 or €20 when thats taken into account but still something. Failing that does anyone else want to visit you? A name change fee might make sense depending on the original fare paid / current fare.

And the final option, your mam can split off the booking and change date for an admin fee. Again it depends on the fare paid as to whether this makes sense.
    coylemj wrote: »
    Are we sure it's that simple? Adult and 13 year old on a single booking, adult not now travelling. The booking is not for an unaccompanied child so in theory the kid can't travel without the adult.

I think they should call Aer Lingus and see if they can get the kid moved to the booking of the OP's sister who is travelling but is currently booked on a solo ticket.

This will need to be addressed if the seat is booked as a child (or in Aer Lingus case "young adult"). Checkin will not work without the accompanying adult checking in. If you call Aer Lingus and explain they will link the booking with the other adult to enable compliance with their unaccompanied minor policy. If your sister does not share the same surname (married etc) then there may be further issues as to the "ownership" of the child and a letter from a parent or guardian authorising travel with said adult would be advised.

Alternatively Aer Lingus will accept unaccompanied young passengers aged 12-15 years inclusive subject to the Form of Indemnity requirement:
    https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/travelling-with-children/unaccompanied-minors/

Advertisement