Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long can a mobile home remain?

Options
  • 29-03-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

A landowner in my area placed an old mobile home on his land about 10 years ago.

Since then its remained in his field beside my home , It hasn't moved been cleaned and looks really tatty. (also no one has ever lived in it, I don't even know why he put it there)

It really lowers the scenic value of the area and I'm just wondering what should I do ?

Is there any regulation for maintenance of mobile homes ?

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

If you're going down the planning enforcement route then I would strongly factor in the backlash you may experience from the neighbour their family and friends. You don't want to feel unwelcome in your own home / area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-03oFgvyQ

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ABCTOD wrote: »
    Hi

A landowner in my area placed an old mobile home on his land about 10 years ago.

Since then its remained in his field beside my home , It hasn't moved been cleaned and looks really tatty. (also no one has ever lived in it, I don't even know why he put it there)

It really lowers the scenic value of the area and I'm just wondering what should I do ?

Is there any regulation for maintenance of mobile homes ?

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)

Check your councils bye laws. I know in Dublin it's supposed 9 months out of 12 on a driveway, no idea if it's enforced or not.

You can ask the farmer to move it. But they might not and it could lead to other issues.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I think after 10 years looking at it, it might be a bit odd raising an objection officially now.

In rural locations the country is littered with similar situations. And as for enforcement at this stage

to get it removed, I would say thats a non runner. Maybe a small fence to make it out of sight,

out of mind.

Advertisement