Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching away from Pre-pay

Options
  • 29-03-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm planning on switching to another provider. We have using Electric Ireland Prepay for the past three years, but have found that switching to bill pay with another provider will save us quite a bit of money so that's the plan. When switching from Prepay to billpay, what happens to the money currently in the meter? Is it possible for me to take that credit with me to my new provider? Or am I best waiting until the credits runs out before making the switch?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Ciaran0,

We're sorry to read you're considering switching supplier.

Can you confirm if you are a Pay As You Go gas or electricity customer?

Just to make you aware also, Electric Ireland also offer long term savings to bill-pay customers. Customers with just gas or electricity can get savings of up to 5.5% with a further 3% for those with both gas and electricity. See here for further information. These savings will apply year-on-year with no requirement to renew and no contract for existing customers.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement