Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washhing machine

Options
  • 29-03-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi everyone.Just wondering where stand on this issue before i start my fight.About 3.5 years ago i bought an Samsung Eco Bubble washing machine with 1 years warranty,8 months into the warranty the motor and drum had a major failure.When Engineer came out and looked at machine,He said he had never seen it happen before and he didnt think Samsung would repair it because of the expense of the damage.However Samsung went ahead with the repair even do i protested that machine would never be right again.Low and behold The machine wont work again and the error code it is shown up suggests that motor is gone again.I paid 587.00 euro for machine when i bought it back then.Do i have any comeback here on this?i think its a lot of money to pay out for a machine only to last that length.Looking for any advice on this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need to find out what exactly has failed. If it is the motor in the same was as before, you need make the claim to the retailer that the failure is a design flaw - the previous repair will be good evidence here. If its something else there are still grounds to make a claim if it is clearly a design/manufacturing flaw.

Write to the retailer by registered post setting out the failure, the legal position of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 and provide proof of purchase. Most retailers will not offer any repair/rectification this far out. If this occurs you would have to take a small claims court case.

Its likely that you would get a reduced amount back in a successful small claims due to the age of the machine - maybe half the price or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Thanks for reply.Its mad that i spent out good money on this machine and it only lasted this length.The last machine i bought cost me 200 euro and it lasted 12 years.Haha.I will find out if its the motor and then go forward with you're adviceThank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

if the fault is the same as the last time, then you would be covered under the warranty.

Once its broken down you are entitled to Repair, Replace or Refund. Repair has to be permanent fix....breaking down again 2-3 years later doesnt sound like a permanent repair.

Stay strong, stick to your guns you want it replaced...don't accept nonsense from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Hi its been a long battle but finally Samsung are sending out an Engineer to fix machine as one off free of charge.This has been on going since Good Friday.Power City were no help what so ever,So i finally called Samsung and with a bit of saying there washing machine was ****e.They agreed to fix.So hopefully the Engineer will be out Monday and i wont have to listen to the wife moaning anymore.Thanks everyone for the help.

Advertisement