Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading drivers

Options
  • 29-03-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the noob question, finished my first build last night.
    1. Do I need to download drivers? (not even sure what that means, just heard it on youtube)
    2. If so, for which components?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

If you have the OS installed, and your online
    , these days most should sort themselves out.

You can get the latest drivers for what ever gfx card you are using from the manufactures web site.

If you also check "device manager" just for any that might be missing, it should have a yellow ! Beside it.

I assume it's windows 10 you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Yes I am on windows 10. The main one I was wondering about was if there was something I needed to do with my network adapter, the wifi speed is not good at all. On my laptop, tablet and phone I get the promised 10mb that my provider promises, but my pc only seems to get 2mb at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Select that so in the device manager, you can right click the network adapter and the properties, and let it check for updated drivers.

Other than that it is onto the manufactures website and try the the latest that for your Wi-Fi card

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NialltheITGuy

Go to the Manufacturers Website and Choose Support/Downloads Section and search for you machine.

Windows 10 should have installed the drivers automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Go to the Manufacturers Website and Choose Support/Downloads Section and search for you machine.

Windows 10 should have installed the drivers automatically.

I thought your answer would be "Have you tried turning it off and back on again" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 NialltheITGuy

I thought your answer would be "Have you tried turning it off and back on again" :P

For problems of this nature, its always the Hardware/Drivers fault.
    Newer Drivers can cause problems, a roll-back of drivers may help. See JoeFace Post for location of the RollBack button under Properties.

Best get a new network card. They're less than €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

For problems of this nature, its always the Hardware/Drivers fault.
    Newer Drivers can cause problems, a roll-back of drivers may help. See JoeFace Post for location of the RollBack button under Properties.

Best get a new network card. They're less than €20.

I was joking. Your username.

Advertisement