Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine polish and valet

• 29-03-2018 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Well lads. Bought myself a savage saab 93 yesterday. It's a cracking car but the paint is letting it down a bit. Badly needs a cut and polish. And a valet. Anyone got any recommendations for the job in or around limerick? Cheers lads.

Mx valeting is meant to be brilliant. Priced him last year but he was quoting more than I was willing to spend.

There is a chap in Castlemungret business park who is meant to be excellent and a lot more reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭buzzing147

Just wondering, I got my car machine polished, to try to get off some cloudyness on paint, cloth and polish wouldn't work. Well machine worked, but I noticed a few extra stone chips on car afterwards. Is it possible that a machine polish would cause this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Unlikely a machine polish would cause stone chips but may have been that someone touched up the stone chips and the machine polishing removed those little dots of paint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭buzzing147

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Unlikely a machine polish would cause stone chips but may have been that someone touched up the stone chips and the machine polishing removed those little dots of paint

Had a feeling that might of happened guy guy who polished it never mentioned, maybe he didn't notice, only noticed myself the next day, seemed like 4 extra stone chips:( all in same small area:(

I wonder are they really hard to touch up properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Need to get my own car cut and polished anyone care to pm the names of somebody they recommend.
    I see there is a fella on the Ennis rd Paul's detailing anybody use him?

Would love to go with Mx but just can't justify the price I know his service would be first class but the car isn't in the best of condition anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement