Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account hacked

Options
  • 30-03-2018 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,

My online banking account has been hacked and a sum of money has been taken out from my account by 2 ‘payees’ who I don’t know or never heard of before. I have been in touch with fraud dept and they are going to investigate. Will I get this money back? I’m only just a new customer with BOI and I’ve had nothing but trouble since I’ve joined ye. Two separate suspicious bank transfers have been made to an international bank account. One for €58 and another for €74. It’s not a lot, but I would still like to receive this back, if possible.

Also, why does it take so long to transfer money from my savings account to my current account? I made the transaction of €50 online on Tuesday and it’s still not in my account. Presumably, it won’t be in my account over the weekend either with it being Easter. Very frustrating - especially when I made the transfer on Tuesday!

Kind Regards

Chloe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Chloe,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Very sorry to hear this. Any case like this would be dealt with on a case by case basis’s so with this in mind I’d ask you to raise this through the “Ask a question” section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check how this investigation is going and inform you of any up date they have on this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chloed123

Darren,

My €50 has still not gone into my current account although it has gone from my savings. Got a text saying it would be in by 10pm on the 3rd of April and it still isn’t. Is it possible to look into this?

Chloe
    Hi Chloe,

Very sorry to hear this. Any case like this would be dealt with on a case by case basis’s so with this in mind I’d ask you to raise this through the “Ask a question” section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check how this investigation is going and inform you of any up date they have on this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Chloe,

To have this looked into, please send an Ask a Question message from the Service Desk on 365 Online and an adviser will be happy to check this further. Alternatively, you can call 0818365365 for help with this.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

chloed123 wrote: »
    Darren,

My €50 has still not gone into my current account although it has gone from my savings. Got a text saying it would be in by 10pm on the 3rd of April and it still isn’t. Is it possible to look into this?

Chloe
    Hi Chloe,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    When you set up the savings account and when you take money it gives you an idea of the time it takes. Seriously RTFM! :)

Advertisement